A nice rack

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well, my Arcam system has been sat on top of each other for the last few months, I was very happy with the sound quality. I then had an oak rack built by hifiracks.co.uk and I have to say the whole sonic quality has changed in an instant. Bass is taughter and more noticeable, the soundstage has improved, even the detail has increased. I have to say I'm astounded there is such a discernable difference. I listened to That uncertain smile by The The last night, a track that's been a favourite of mine for 20 years or so, and it sounded completely different. I don't really understand, my Physics A level doesn't explain how this could be the case. Someone please explain.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Components kept apart so less chance of electrical interference between them

More air around the components so better cooling

Improved isolation from mechanical and airborne vibration, plus the damping effect of the stand.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]Well, my Arcam system has been sat on top of each other for the last few months, I was very happy with the sound quality. I then had an oak rack built by hifiracks.co.uk and I have to say the whole sonic quality has changed in an instant. Bass is taughter and more noticeable, the soundstage has improved, even the detail has increased. I have to say I'm astounded there is such a discernable difference. I listened to That uncertain smile by The The last night, a track that's been a favourite of mine for 20 years or so, and it sounded completely different. I don't really understand, my Physics A level doesn't explain how this could be the case.

Someone please explain.[/quote]

Pictures please

If you're not sure how to post them you can use www.photobucket.com

:)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My my...

You've got a nice rack...

Whats the breakdown of your system Joel? All Arcam obviously but is that an integrated and power or pre & power etc?

Looking at that, i definitly need a proper rack for my system. It's all stacked on top of each other currently, well its got spacers in between that my friend made out of aluminium to get more air thru but its not enough. Just waiting for my new speakers to arrive.... Acoustic Energy Esprit 309's... Woo hoo...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]It's a DV79 DVD at the top, then a CD92T, then a T61, then the A85 integrated and P85 power biamped into the Dalis.[/quote]

Very nice

I'm not jealous...

Honest...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Joel. I'm in the process of designing mine with that guy too. A little dearer than you mentioned but mine is going to house my home cinema components too. Solid walnut too to match my walnut RS6s!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Mine was £260 I think, but has solid shelves. Thought about Walnut but it was about £200 more and I couldn't justify it. He dropped it round to me the other night, turned up with his 10 year old son and stayed for a coffee. Nice fella, and has a Cyrus system. I always like to support the small guy rather than the faceless big retailers/companies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts