A good second hand amp around £100-£150 to accompany my tannoy M2.5 speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am looking to buy a second hand intergrated amp approx £100-£150 (not sure if there are any new ones worth purchasing for the price im talking about paying) to accompany my tannoy mercury M2.5 speakers. Iv been looking at a NAD C350, is it worth getting and are there any better alternatives out there? I currently have a very old cambridge P50 amp and a marantz CD67 player. Not quite audiophile quality i know!!!! Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

IMO the best SH amp you can get for round the £100 is a Pioneer A400 - your budget will enable you to get the very best example. i just got one and absolutely love it. i have owned some 15 other entry level amps (under £400) and none of them come close. There is a reason this product has a legendary reputation! theres one on ebay now and there are others popping up every now and again...

A

Anonymous

As usual I would recommend something like an Audiolab 8000a - generally go for about 150quid. IMHO a good step up from the Pioneer (which is completely fine!). Poss. Cyrus2 + PSX for that kind of money as well.

A

Anonymous

also, with your marantz CD67 - you could perform a cheapish upgrade by getting a new DAC for it. DAC technology has advanced drastically since that unit was built and using the CD67 as a transport with a new DAC would be a real transformation. The Beresford TC-7510 has been getting rave reveiws and is £100 or there abouts - you can read about it in another thread on this forum....

A

Anonymous

Where do i get the Beresford TC-7510 from? Ebay? I will have to get my amp sorted first anyhow.

So it is better to go for an older model than a newer model regarding the amp? I have been looking at the NAD C350 and an Arcam alpha's as well. I just want the best sounding amp for the money. Are there any other amp's worth looking out for before i take the plunge and buy one?

Its unfortunate i cant get to listen first before buying but that's the chance you take buying second hand.

Thanks for the replies so far.

TRENDING THREADS