A ghost in the house?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I would not call that a theory, but a belief, if not an old woman story. Theorising a link with ghosts is just like theorising a link with God. To each his own... In fact, Spiritism was just the very junction of pagan's beliefs with christiannism. I'd rather listen to experiences, may they be subjective or unbelievable. A real "link" between many experiences is that many ghosts seem to reappear following some kind of routine of their own, some very precise motives... I would not say it's a rule, nor make it a theory, though. It could very well be the tendency of the people closely affected by such experiences to try and find a logic, a meaning, or just something to hold on to that would help accepting what happened.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
A few years ago, I was home demo'ing a Cambridge CDP and the drawer would randomly fly open mid-play - I always assumed it to be an ESP combo of my ears/Arcam amp/Tannoys saying "NO!!":poke: to the Cambridge's, erm, 'distinct' signature sound :?

Another strange happening: Listening to Radio 2 via Freeview through the hi-fi, Mrs.p sitting at the table writing the remaining cards. The remote control for the TV is on the sofa - and little'un playing in the bedroom - and all of a sudden it changes to Balamory, channel 071 from 702. It ain't the cat as she's asleep on the arm of the sofa and been snoozing there all morning.

Stranger still, when I go to change back to the radio the TV screen says: STOP RECORDING 'YES' or 'NO'. The TV doesn't have a built-in recorder, just a basic CRT integrated.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation i.e. remote malfunction.

Very spooky things happening at the house.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Another strange happening: Listening to Radio 2 via Freeview through the hi-fi, Mrs.p sitting at the table writing the remaining cards. The remote control for the TV is on the sofa - and little'un playing in the bedroom - and all of a sudden it changes to Balamory, channel 071 from 702. It ain't the cat as she's asleep on the arm of the sofa and been snoozing there all morning.

Stranger still, when I go to change back to the radio the TV screen says: STOP RECORDING 'YES' or 'NO'. The TV doesn't have a built-in recorder, just a basic CRT integrated.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation i.e. remote malfunction.

Very spooky things happening at the house.

"Patrick the Poltergeist" may have a long lost relative. :O

Cpt.Issues

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Theres been a glitch in the Matrix - this usually happens when they change something :O

CD player didn't eject but randomly whilst driving back late at night the car radio suddenly interrupted my music and blurted out a "Merry Christmas" message ay twice the volume of the CD I was listening to then resumed playback. I don't have traffic info turned on or anything!

Also, reaching to change gear at 70MPH(ish) only to find yourself grasping the top of a loose baguette where the gear stick should be is one of THE MOST disconcerting things to have ever happened to me whilst driving.. Note to Self: Put shopping in the BACK of the car, the last one was probably not down to a ghost.

What happens if you play the exorcist score on it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts