5.1 Speakers to go with SONY STR-DH820

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've seen that Boston Soundware XS SE are at £250 and highly speaken of and have good reviews. Also Pioneers-HS100 seem reasonable, altough I can't find any reviews about them. Would like to know what other speakers are good and in this range of price.

Could you guys recommend me a 5.1 speaker set to go with a Sony STR-DH820? Max budget would be £250.

Also I didn't want to make a separate topic so I will ask here. Seeing as my TV has freeview built-in, is it possible to view the Freeview channels and use the speakers without buying a separate Freeview box? or is necessary to buy a Freeview box, and the antenna cable goes in the freeview - AV - TV?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Snortan said:
Hi,

I've seen that Boston Soundware XS SE are at £250 and highly speaken of and have good reviews. Also Pioneers-HS100 seem reasonable, altough I can't find any reviews about them. Would like to know what other speakers are good and in this range of price.

Could you guys recommend me a 5.1 speaker set to go with a Sony STR-DH820? Max budget would be £250.

Hi Snortan

Including your choices i would add, try to audition all, plus throw these into the mix - WHARFEDALE MS-100 & the TANNOY SFX5.1

If it were me buying, i think it would be the Bostons or Tannoys i would shorlist to audition, or try the 2nd hand market.

Snortan said:
Also I didn't want to make a separate topic so I will ask here. Seeing as my TV has freeview built-in, is it possible to view the Freeview channels and use the speakers without buying a separate Freeview box? or is necessary to buy a Freeview box, and the antenna cable goes in the freeview - AV - TV?

You dont mention what make & model tv you have, but most of the newer tvs have an optical out connection on the back, which you can connect to one of the 2 optical inputs on the back of your Sony amp. This lead Clicky

Regards ...

A

Anonymous

Will definetly check out those two sets of speakers.

And I've just checked behind my TV and it has an optical out, so thank you a lot for that suggestion!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts