4k film prices

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I feel like a moan !

I can’t believe the prices of some of theses 4k films I only own 1 4k film and that came free when I brought my Sony X800 and itching to buy a couple of films to start my 4k collection off .

anyway looked on amazon and there only a handful of 4k films that are £19.99 and then it jumps to £24.99 , £44.99 and then anything upto £80 on wards for box sets .

my feelings are if prices keep high like this 4k films will be dead in the water before it’s got going because I can’t see normal joe public spending this kind of money on one film it’s just crazy it will end up just like SACDs they lasted 5 seconds it seems there is no advertising to do with 4k films so it seems it’s only reaching a small piece of the market .

now I do not mind spending £19.99 but no more as I feel blu-ray is not far behind 4k when blu-ray has been upscaled and I can buy 2 blu-ray films for the price of one 4k film so does the over inflated prices justify the prices they are asking ? I personally do not think so .

if I am looking in the wrong places please let me no as I thought amazon would be the best place to buy 4k films I looked on eBay but do not trust buying films on there just in case they are fake copy’s .

whats your thoughts on the subject ?

iceman16

Blacksabbath25 said:
I feel like a moan !

I can’t believe the prices of some of theses 4k films I only own 1 4k film and that came free when I brought my Sony X800 and itching to buy a couple of films to start my 4k collection off .

anyway looked on amazon and there only a handful of 4k films that are £19.99 and then it jumps to £24.99 , £44.99 and then anything upto £80 on wards for box sets .

my feelings are if prices keep high like this 4k films will be dead in the water before it’s got going because I can’t see normal joe public spending this kind of money on one film it’s just crazy it will end up just like SACDs they lasted 5 seconds it seems there is no advertising to do with 4k films so it seems it’s only reaching a small piece of the market .

now I do not mind spending £19.99 but no more as I feel blu-ray is not far behind 4k when blu-ray has been upscaled and I can buy 2 blu-ray films for the price of one 4k film so does the over inflated prices justify the prices they are asking ? I personally do not think so .

if I am looking in the wrong places please let me no as I thought amazon would be the best place to buy 4k films I looked on eBay but do not trust buying films on there just in case they are fake copy’s .

whats your thoughts on the subject ?

I have bought a few 4k films on AVforums members classified. Most of them have been watched once and like new. Have'nt experienced any problems so far.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
when they first came out around the £20-£30 mark, going back further even dvd films were high priced, so I'm afraid it will be a while until 4K blurays come down in price, maybe when the hardware comes down to the £100 price point then we may see disc prices also drop.

My trouble is I would like to get into 4k bluray but I brought my current tv just a year before 4K tvs started coming onto the market plus my a/v amp is not 4k compatible either, so I would need a new tv, amp and 4k bluray player, total around the £2-£3k mark to get the most from the features that 4k blurays offer (HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos & DTS-X audio).

ps. yes I know that standard blurays offer Dolby atmos and DTS-X audio options.

*music2*

Blacksabbath25 said:
I feel blu-ray is not far behind 4k when blu-ray has been upscaled
Just to clarify, "upscaling" does not mean improving quality. It simply means that an algorithm is employed on 1080p image (each pixel duplicating itself) to fill up 4 times the pixels.

A non upscaled blu ray image will appear like a letterbox in the centre 25% of the 4K screen.

This is an example of an 1080p image that hasn't been upscaled on a 4K screen:

maxresdefault.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts