4 speaker outputs too 2 speakers?

nibs

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
A friend recently told me that I could run my 2 Tannoy M4's from all 4 outputs on my Amp (Yamaha AX550)

He said I can bridge the 2 sets of outputs by

a) wire some bi- wire cable to left A / left B & right A / right B on amp then join these wires into the 2 inputs on back of speakers, or

b) connect the outputs for speakers A & B with small amount of wire and run normal speaker cable

I'm not sure about this, any comments

Can this Amp be bridged in any way and would it have any benefit

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Turn up the volume on your amp. Max might be around 12 o'clock for the CD player, but it has that extra for sources with lower volume. This might be a stupid question, but does the i20 have a volume control (on a remote, etc.)? Does the iPod's volume control have any impact?

As I think we are now allowed to link to other forums

http://www.head-fi.org/t/597002/dac-with-volume-control

Next issue: Using iTunes downloads. The lower bitrate tracks means that it probably won't sound as good as your CD player.

Also, although the dock has a DAC that is probably superior to the iPod's, it still isn't that good, and would probably be inferior to the DAC in even a budget CD player.

My completely novice diagnosis is - Your expectations were too high. For true(er) hifi I'd want to use lossless files and use a digital out into a dedicated DAC.

A

Anonymous

I was having the exact same issues - when I first plugged in the device.

I unplugged everything, and then double checked that all the wires were plugged in all the way. Also, I turned off the music equalizer on my iPhone.

Later I turned everything back on, and the volume and sound are now working correctly.

The sound is VERY good!

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
At the risk of stating the obvious (and I see it has been mentioned above) the volume of the iPod / iPhone changes the volume of the output so make sure your iPod / IPhone volume is set to max. And don't forget to turn it down before you plug your headphones in to it. Also make sure the volume limiter is turned off in the settings or you won't be able to output full volume!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts