4 months !

May I ask how you listen to that, through what device? It doesn’t seem to work with most streamers, except via chromecast or Airplay.

Does the service enable you to play an album? All I’ve ever got is one track and a load of random stuff.

Reactions: WayneKerr

DCarmi

I've got about 3 weeks left on my 4 month trial. I'm using Wiim and Chromecast devices.

Works well, just not as slick as Spotify. Doubt I'll keep it.

You can play whole albums but I find it a bit sluggish to start playing stuff at times.

DCarmi

Thanks, so the Wiim has an Amazon app as an option, yes?
Yes. Once you link accounts you can play directly from the Amazon app or you can play from the Wiim app if you prefer.

With the Pro or Pro Plus you can also use Chromecast to play multi room. I do this sometimes with my Wiim pro on my hifi and Hub Max in the kitchen. Quality through Chromecast may be lesser but I doubt you'd notice it much.

Reactions: nopiano

Witterings

Thanks, so the Wiim has an Amazon app as an option, yes?

If you do this, when you set the WiiM up you can give it a name of choosing so maybe WiiM lounge or Music Lounge, you then also have to go into the Amazon Alexa App and devices and it'll show up as a WiiM Pro so you want to rename it in there as well .... weird thing is whenever I do this it doesn't remember it the 1st time , I always have to go and do it a 2nd time.

Casting from the Amazon App at 24/192 is teh only reason I've stayed with Amazon ... Qobuz are meant to be bringing out Connect at some stage in which case I'd do a comparison when they have.

Reactions: nopiano

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
May I ask how you listen to that, through what device? It doesn’t seem to work with most streamers, except via chromecast or Airplay.

Does the service enable you to play an album? All I’ve ever got is one track and a load of random stuff.
I have the family membership for £17.99 a month so I listen to Amazon Music on my Sonos Beam, Amazon Echo and via the Hi-Fi through Sonos Connect. I use the Sonos App to select and play Albums or single tracks or ask Alexa to do likewise.

Witterings

Has anybody else that's using Prime noticed if you give a voice command like Alexa ... Play Wave 105 you now get an advert before the station starts playing which you never used to .... I thought Amazon Unlimited meant you didn't get any adverts so what am I paying for.

I believe they're also going to start putting adverts into Prime Movies ... if they do both my memeberships will be instantly cancelled and I'll go elsewhere ..... it doesn't matter how much of your money they're getting they just want more and with each step give you less!

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Has anybody else that's using Prime noticed if you give a voice command like Alexa ... Play Wave 105 you now get an advert before the station starts playing which you never used to .... I thought Amazon Unlimited meant you didn't get any adverts so what am I paying for.

I believe they're also going to start putting adverts into Prime Movies ... if they do both my memeberships will be instantly cancelled and I'll go elsewhere ..... it doesn't matter how much of your money they're getting they just want more and with each step give you less!
I don't have Prime only Unlimited subscription and I have no ads or announcements while using Alexa voice commands

abacus

Haven't come across it yet, I will let you know if I do.

Bill

I have the family membership for £17.99 a month so I listen to Amazon Music on my Sonos Beam, Amazon Echo and via the Hi-Fi through Sonos Connect. I use the Sonos App to select and play Albums or single tracks or ask Alexa to do likewise.
Cheers. I was naively thinking it might be included in my Prime subscription. I don’t need family membership, but all I get is an Amazon playlist based loosely on the album I want. Pointless for me.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Well that was disappointing.

So I signed up for the 4months and as my phone and earbud combo don't do hd quality music I thought I'd give it a try on my dining room setup with a CCA (yes I know CCA doesn't do hd music but I thought it would be better than my phone and earbud combo). I don't know what it is with Amazon's casting but it was lousy . If I'm right my phone only acts as a remote when using CCA? all the music streaming comes direct from the router to the CCA?
I had to crank the volume up to 30 on my little Denon system yet when casting from Spotify to my CCA my Denon's volume is around 9 and it's plenty loud enough..

I checked the in app volume on Amazon music and it was on full.

Also the music sounded so flat - for want of a better word - through Amazon

So what am I doing wrong? At this rate I'll be cancelling Amazon music unlimited before the week is out never mind 4 months.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Cheers. I was naively thinking it might be included in my Prime subscription. I don’t need family membership, but all I get is an Amazon playlist based loosely on the album I want. Pointless for me.
Family membership allows me to listen in lounge while another Family member listens upstairs to another music source

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Well that was disappointing.

So I signed up for the 4months and as my phone and earbud combo don't do hd quality music I thought I'd give it a try on my dining room setup with a CCA (yes I know CCA doesn't do hd music but I thought it would be better than my phone and earbud combo). I don't know what it is with Amazon's casting but it was lousy . If I'm right my phone only acts as a remote when using CCA? all the music streaming comes direct from the router to the CCA?
I had to crank the volume up to 30 on my little Denon system yet when casting from Spotify to my CCA my Denon's volume is around 9 and it's plenty loud enough..

I checked the in app volume on Amazon music and it was on full.

Also the music sounded so flat - for want of a better word - through Amazon

So what am I doing wrong? At this rate I'll be cancelling Amazon music unlimited before the week is out never mind 4 months.
Hi . Chromecast does 96 res have you checked this setting also volume setting ? Also streaming quality on amazon app ? Just a thought !

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi . Chromecast does 96 res have you checked this setting also volume setting ? Also streaming quality on amazon app ? Just a thought !
You know what I think I'm dumb. Checked the other night on my phone and the Amazon music app was set to SD. I just assumed it would automatically play at High Quality 😂

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
You know what I think I'm dumb. Checked the other night on my phone and the Amazon music app was set to SD. I just assumed it would automatically play at High Quality 😂
Can you tell the difference? I listen on standard quality via Sonos Connect plugged into my amp as its a legacy product. My Sonos Beam and Sonos One plays HD and Ultra HD and Atmos tracks but is no better than Connect and amp combo

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Can you tell the difference? I listen on standard quality via Sonos Connect plugged into my amp as its a legacy product. My Sonos Beam and Sonos One plays HD and Ultra HD and Atmos tracks but is no better than Connect and amp comb
I'd like to think I can, so far I've only listened through my QC35'S since I altered the setting and I'm sure I can hear subtle differences from Spotify. Is it worth paying for when the trial is over probably not with my equipment. So it will be back to Spotify when the trial is over (my son pays for family account).

Witterings

Can you tell the difference? I listen on standard quality via Sonos Connect plugged into my amp as its a legacy product. My Sonos Beam and Sonos One plays HD and Ultra HD and Atmos tracks but is no better than Connect and amp combo

I can .... just .... it's not night and day but Ultra HD sounds just that little bit fuller / warmer, this was doing back to back comparisons.
If you went round to a friends house and they were playing music you certainly wouldn't be able to walk in and instantly say "oh, you're only playing in standard quality" .... I don't think you'd know.
Flip side of that same coin, it may sound good but what subtle nuances are you missing listening to SD that's you'd hear in Ultra HD, I pay for Unlimited due to the far greater number of tracks available ..... Ultra HD is just a "free" throw in .... although I'm sure given time Amazon will find a way to charge extra for it.

Reactions: Cricketbat70

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I can .... just .... it's not night and day but Ultra HD sounds just that little bit fuller / warmer, this was doing back to back comparisons.
If you went round to a friends house and they were playing music you certainly wouldn't be able to walk in and instantly say "oh, you're only playing in standard quality" .... I don't think you'd know.
Flip side of that same coin, it may sound good but what subtle nuances are you missing listening to SD that's you'd hear in Ultra HD, I pay for Unlimited due to the far greater number of tracks available ..... Ultra HD is just a "free" throw in .... although I'm sure given time Amazon will find a way to charge extra for it.
That's my feelings, there is something a little bit better. I know some will say do a blind test etc, you're only hearing the difference because you want too. I'm on the free trial anyway for 4 months.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts