3D Configuration and Assistance please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK,

So this is my first post here and I am just starting to know what I'm talking about... probably very dangerous! I have a dilemma and wondered if someone could help me out.

I have a projector setup in my home already (took 3 years of convincing) but just got the authorisation from my wife to kit out the bedroom in a similar way
emotion-2.gif
only took a few months!

It's tidy and doesn't take the focus of the room by a large television but I have several questions that are:

1. Are the projectors that are "3D Ready" actually capable of displaying the images that Sky 3D send on Channel 217? (It appears with both left and right displays on my current television (not 3d capable)?

2. Will the display be automatically corrected if I send that signal through a 3DTV or Projector?

3. What is the best budget priced projector for "3D Ready and 1080p"? I found the Benq MP776. At approx. £700?

4. Why is there all the rage about the televisions just launching if Projectors are already capable and at such a low price?

I also have potentially three methods of providing a 3D image already at my disposal: A PS3, SKY+ HD and the NVIDIA 3D Vision for the PC. I know that the NVIDIA 3D Vision uses active shutter glasses and that SKY+ HD should be compatible with polarised or active shutter.. so the penultimate question is:

5. Will the Benq MP776 display all the methods of 3D compatible images using the PS3, SKY+ HD and the NVIDIA 3D Vision for PC?

and the last question is:

6. I currently use an AV amp to channel all my devices through (XBOX 360, PS3, PC etc) - Will that need replacing / upgrading?

Sorry for the list but if anyone can answer even one of these I'd very much appreciate it.

Regards,

Phil Quinn

philquinn:

4. Why is there all the rage about the televisions just launching if Projectors are already capable and at such a low price?

6. I currently use an AV amp to channel all my devices through (XBOX 360, PS3, PC etc) - Will that need replacing / upgrading?

I'm too tired after a busy night shift, but onquick reading of your post, I can answer 2 questions:

4. The BenQ MP776 projector you're talking about is 3D ready with the age-old blue-red glasses (this technology is atleast 40 years old, if not more), not the modern 3D technology that current TVs are coming out with. I seriously doubt that it's going to work with Sky 3D, although I may be wrong. This projector is aimed as an educational tool in schools & not as a home cinema.

6. Yes, you will need a 3D capable AV amp.

EDIT: Ok, maybe I'm wrong. It's not the red-blue glasses, but active 3D glasses.

I knew that I should have gone to sleep by now.....
emotion-20.gif

A

Anonymous

or an av amp with 2 hdmi outs , one for sound and one for picture ..

some lg tvs are going to use the passive system , thats the 40 year old one , assuming , if i understand it correctly , they will be able to display specially made 3d blurays using the new 3d bluray players , then the 3d projector mentioned will be able to show them too , and sky 3d , its the same tech , only the new active system is different ..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The consensus here is that the projector you're talking about probably won't be good enough for Sky 3D, let alone the higher-res Blu-ray sourced stuff, simply because it doesn't have a high enough refresh rate. Even if it did work it would be a pretty unimpressive watch, as it also lacks the resolution required to show these images at their best.

Yes, existing AV receivers will pass through the Sky version of 3D, but not the Blu-ray-based version.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the quick replies ;)

I found this link (is that against t+c's?) which mentions compatible projectors..

http://hubpages.com/hub/NVIDIA-GeForce-3D-Vision-compatible-HD-video-projectors-holographic-projector-stereoscopic-3D-virtual-reality-gaming

So the Optoma HD66 (which I understand is not 1080p but is 3D as they don't exist yet - is that right?) is 120hz and does at least deliver 720p. Would you know if this works for Sky, PS3 and NVIDIA Vision 3D requirements or am I going to need to shell out a much larger amount of cash?

Regards,
Phil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts