3 for 2 play.com

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Nice one Big Chris, if you can handle it then so can i.......................i'll add it to the basket,more money spent................

A

Anonymous

I saw Cloverfield on DVD blind so didn't knowwhat to expect, not having read anything about it before. It's a good film but the characters are a bit annoying. If I had a camera shoved in my face ata party I'd tell them to get lost, let alone the situations in the film.

A

Anonymous

Ive also used Play.com for years but I have to say I have noticed that in the last year or so there delivery times have got A LOT longer then they were 2/3 years ago..But nevermind its still cheaper then most high streets... (perhaps not in the credit crunch)

A

Anonymous

A travel sickness pill should do the trick lol. When the film came out in cinemas there were alot of sign about motion sickness and alot of ppl walked out of the film looking very pale lol Cloverfied isnt a problem at all really, yes it is shaky but that just adds to the realism.

Big Chris Doom made you sick??? Its not really a shaky game its a FPS??

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Ginder:A travel sickness pill should do the trick lol. When the film came out in cinemas there were alot of sign about motion sickness and alot of ppl walked out of the film looking very pale lol Cloverfied isnt a problem at all really, yes it is shaky but that just adds to the realism.

Big Chris Doom made you sick??? Its not really a shaky game its a FPS??

FPSs and 3rd-person-from-behind are the ones that make me ill. I could never play Doom, Tomb Raider, GTA, or anything similar as they make me really ill, This is why Resident Evil was such a godsend on its release. Finally a game I could play without having to go for a lie-down!

;-)

It's apparently all to do with the eyes seeing movement that isn't detected by the inner ear. The brain gets confused and makes you feel ill.

:-(

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Doom, Quake et al also have incredibly fast FPS (frames-per-second) rates, which adds to the puke-inducing feeling.

But going back to the 'why own movies' theme, i'd even go as far as saying that - just like owning albums for one or two particular favourite tracks - I own some movies that I rarely watch all the way through, but may occasionally just watch a certain scene from.

This can be for many reasons - because i'm in the mood for something funny, loud, stunning, awesomely loud - or just because i'm running in some new kit and want to use a particularly effective test scene.

It's like one of those Channel 4 '100 greatest movie moments' shows without the cheesy presenter, annoying adverts and films they feel they have to add....

I do it with concert DVDs and TV shows, too. Nothing like a blast of Suspicious Minds from Elvis: That's the Way it Is after an evening out!

A

Anonymous

ratatouille has turned up today so im gonna stick that on in a minute! Sadly not on the denon as ive packed it away in order to help settle my mind on the blu ray player choice! (says to self....stick with the cheap one, stick with the cheap one!!)

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
fast eddie:I think with regard to the VAT situation the UK just chooses to ignore the import duties. It's a tax haven and while it's useful to keep it that way at the moment.

Could also have something to do with their status as crown dependencies, so not really British, but not separate.

Couldn't find a decent explanation on Wiki.

HMC website says, for the Channel Islands:

Customs duty will not be charged.

Import VAT is charged if the value of the goods is ?22 (£18) and over.

Many Channel Islands companies are part of a 'VAT pre-payment' scheme.
This means you will be asked to pay import VAT if the value of the
goods is over ?22 (£18) at the time you pay for the goods. In this case
you will not have to pay any additional costs when you receive your
goods.

Excise duty will be charged for some goods, for example alcohol and tobacco.

I would be extremely surprised if they were to turn a blind eye to TVs and other electronic equipment arriving on the plane/ferry from the C.I. !!!

A

Anonymous

ratatouille isnt doby tru dh, its only pcm right? or am i missing something (just for a change!)

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Gander:ratatouille isnt doby tru dh, its only pcm right? or am i missing something (just for a change!)
Says "PCM 5.1 Surround audio track (48kHz/24-bit) " on High-Def Digest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts