fishcack

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 2k budget and I'd like a system to steam audio with bookshelf speakers any suggestions I really like the look of the kef ls50's but wouldnt know how to partner these

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
fishcack said:
I've got a 2k budget and I'd like a system to steam audio with bookshelf speakers any suggestions I really like the look of the kef ls50's but wouldnt know how to partner these

if only the forum had a search function (not being sarcastic, they got rid of it for some reason) there must be dozens of threads on pairings with LS50s. Google still works.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
First off, a streamer need not cost very much at all. See Google Chromecast, Apple AEX, Amazon Fire, Sonos, and lots of others. This will leave a huge chunk of your budget to get a high quality pair of active speakers

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
AVI DM10 active speakers plus the streamer of your choice. The DM10's have three inputs (digital and analog), a DAC and the amplifiers all built into to speakers. The volume and input selection are controlled using a remote control.

It's a simple setup and has the best sound that I've ever heard.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
fishcack said:

The LS50 with a Chromecast Audio would leave a nice chunk of change for an integrated amp.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
fishcack said:

What kind of streaming do you want to do ... Bluetooth, Spotify, Tidal, Internet Radio, Airplay etc. etc. or just your own music collection from a hard drive? Or all of the above? What's your current setup?

fishcack

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got currently a 5.1 setup with fire stick to use Spotify and nas drive

we don't watch many movies so I want hiding not 5.1 as I listen to a lot more music I'm open to anything really but yes Spotify nas and internet radio

TRENDING THREADS