2.1 stereo

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks I'm listening to stereo music via my two Kef 100's set to small and my Kef ht sub fed via Lfe. Question is how much quality am I comprising on compared to line connections? Thanks

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm doing the same GSB . And that's after much deliberation between using Pure Direct (2.0) on my Pioneer receiver too.

Previously I used a Marantz PM6004 with this system, and the Pioneer sounds pretty good in comparison, but the Marantz was better. It's a matter of how much you want to compromise I guess.

My Marantz broke and I haven't had time to fix it yet (hopefully) but after tweaking the sound on the Pioneer I'm more than happy with what it offers in a 2.1 set up, so the Marantz will be sold if I can get it working again.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on upgrading my sub at some point.was just wondering if I was loosing Sq because bass frequencies are being sent to my avr via Lfe as opposed to going into my intergated stereo amp?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Ok, misread your post a bit....well its Xmas eve hehe.

It's a good question, for which I have no experience, I'm afraid, but if you have the choice I'd imagine line connections are the most favourable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts