£1500 To spend on a new hifi...!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys...need a bit of help...!

Im looking to take the plunge and buy a new hifi system, have read a few bits on various websites but decided it to be a better idea to get different perspectives on the matter!!

Basically im after a amp, cd player, speakers, dock for my iphone and cables and connectors...my budget is £1200 - £1500. Its gonna be set up in my living room which is approx 8m x 6m. The music i listen to ranges from Stereophonics to The Rolling Stones to Jamiroquai to Nirvana..

Ideally i'd like some floorstanding speakers and quite like the looks of the Monitor Audio RS6's, but not sure if i can incorporate them into my budget or not.

Have been recommended a few bits from my local Superfi

Rotel RA05 amp

Marantz CD5003

Onkyo DS-A3 dock

B&W 685 speakers (altho want some floor standing)

QED Quenex 3 interconnectors

but i think i can afford to make a few upgrades to the suggestions they made.

Im sure 100's of people ask this same sort of question...but being a bit of a novice any help will be happily recieved!!

Cheers Folks..

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Rega Apollo, Rega Brio 3, Rega RS1 (or RS3 floorstanders)

£1300 (ish) with Rega RS1 or £1600 with RS3's

Zillions of docks and 'iLeads' out there.

You will benefit from great system synergy with an all Rega set-up. The speakers are efficient so will work fine with the Brio.

Use the phono leads that come in the Rega Apollo box and stick to basic copper speaker cables like the Chord Carnival Silverscreen (yes they are copper despite the name) for £6 a metre.

Just an alternate to all the 'stock' suggestions (that always include B&W 685's
emotion-1.gif
). All British made too. I have heard this lot together and it is rather fabulous.

A

Anonymous

In my experience the Rega route would be a lot nicer than the Roksan kit. Unless you like rock music with a certain, well, brightness.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes take care with the Roksan there have been numerous recent posts complaining about brightness with that kit.

If it were me id certainly look at the Rega's mentioned. There are some new Rotels coming which may be worth waiting to hear too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts