£1000 for a new tv please help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have a voucher issued by my home insurance for £1000 for a new tv but it has to be brought from comet any ideas i like the samsung ue40c7000 and the sony kdl40nx713u are these good choices i will be buying a set tomorrow, so please help i dont know what to get.

A

Anonymous

depends if you are interested in 3d really?. if so i'd get the samsung as it's a highly rated 3dtv that would be more futureproofed, the sony is 2d only, and to my knowledge should have similar picture quality..

both have similar features (3d aside) including freeview hd, so there's more value in buying the samsung imo, although you would need a 3d blu-ray player/ps3 also if you want to watch 3d movies or play 3d games, or sky 3d..

i dont know if comet sell the lg42le8900? but if they do and presuming it's within budget i'd check it out as it's a non 3d, rear led lcd set that's said to be excellent. i'd say it would give you the best picture quality from the three..

if you could accomodate a 50in tv then i'd also check out the non 3d lg plasmas which are also excellent

A

Anonymous

the samsung does come with a 3d blu-ray and a copy of the shrek quadrilogy on 3d and 2 sets of glasses but is £1200 but i already own a 320gb slim ps3 do you recommend i sell the free blu ray or use it and keep the ps3 just for gaming

A

Anonymous

yes i have a onkyo 608 with kef 3005 eggs as centre and surrounds with a pair of b&w dm602 s3 as my fronts and a b&w asw675 sub so running 7.1 i also currently have a sony bdps360 blu ray

A

Anonymous

ah ok, then you're good to go for 3d audio. yes i think the samsung 3d package is the one to go for, and if you want to regain some cash then selling the 3d bdp sounds like a plan, the ps3 will, imo, be just as capable with 3d movies
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

ok thank you for your help will more than likely go for that package now and stick the samsung 3d blu ray and the sony blu ray on ebay and see what happens someone will buy them lol,also do you think that my atlas 1.3 hdmi cables will support the 3d images they are high speed 10.2 i think or will i need new cables too, thanks again.

A

Anonymous

studog1:ok thank you for your help will more than likely go for that package now and stick the samsung 3d blu ray and the sony blu ray on ebay and see what happens someone will buy them lol,also do you think that my atlas 1.3 hdmi cables will support the 3d images they are high speed 10.2 i think or will i need new cables too, thanks again. no probs, i'd try the cables first, they may work i don't know to be honest
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

studog1:i have a voucher issued by my home insurance for £1000 for a new tv but it has to be brought from comet any ideas i like the samsung ue40c7000 and the sony kdl40nx713u are these good choices i will be buying a set tomorrow, so please help i dont know what to get.

Hi studog1,

It's pleasing to learn that you have decided to purchase the fantastic Samsung ue40c7000 3D package!

Although your existing 1.3 HDMI leads will work for non 3D content, you would need to purchase 1.4 HDMI cables in order to view 3D content. These cables can be purchased separately as they are not included as part of the package, and start from around £15.00.

Hope this info helps!

Thanks

Matt from Comet

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Comet Response:
studog1:i have a voucher issued by my home insurance for £1000 for a new tv but it has to be brought from comet any ideas i like the samsung ue40c7000 and the sony kdl40nx713u are these good choices i will be buying a set tomorrow, so please help i dont know what to get.

Hi studog1,

It's pleasing to learn that you have decided to purchase the fantastic Samsung ue40c7000 3D package!

Although your existing 1.3 HDMI leads will work for non 3D content, you would need to purchase 1.4 HDMI cables in order to view 3D content. These cables can be purchased separately as they are not included as part of the package, and start from around £15.00.

Hope this info helps!

Thanks

Matt from Comet

Or even less if you buy from online retailers and not Comet IMO

A

Anonymous

Samsung PS50C680 is the better option for you as its a 50" TV with better 3D quality than LCD. Comet stock them for around the £900 & usually through in some 3D Blu-rays.

A

Anonymous

The teckies and comet should no that there is no such thing as a 1.4 hdmi cable or a 1.3.

There are high speed and low speed with or without network.

The version numbers refers to the interface in the products themselves.

So a high speed or high speed with networking hdmi cable should work fine!

A

Anonymous

hi,i bought the samsung package 3 weeks ago,very pleased with all aspects. i am using my old qed 1.3 hdmi leads ,3d works no problem so no need to change,tony ps its the 50psc680

A

Anonymous

I got this TV package too and am well pleased with it.

I swiped my boys redundant Xbox HDMI cable that he got last Xmas, £5 from Amazon. Works perfectly on the 3D.

A

Anonymous

thank you for all your help but in the end i have chosen the samsung ps50c6900 for £900 and so far so good full of features much better than my old sony kdl40w4500

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts