New profile posts

Hi, I always watch the Whathifi posts. Im trying in this case to know if you could help me telling if MARANTZ 40N is a good match and has enough power for KEF LS50 Meta. I just loved this new Marantz Model (an Im not a Marantz guy). Thank you and have a nice day!
Hi no piano, I always watch the Whathifi posts. Im trying in this case to know if you could help me telling if MARANTZ 40N is a good match and has enough power for KEF LS50 Meta. I just loved this new Marantz Model (an Im not a Marantz guy). Thank you and have a nice day!
nopiano
nopiano
I haven’t heard the new 40n, but I have owned the previous LS50 and read the spec of the Marantz - I’d expect them to work very well together. Most Marantz have quite a rich and enjoyable sound to my ears, and as long as you can use good stands and position the speakers carefully they can sound amazing for their size. No good for bookshelves or furniture though!

I hope that’s helpful.
A
Alonso
Yes it is thank u very much!!!!!
Needing a Turntable and a good powered sub

Looking for some good suggestions to match my system or go with it i have as follows below

Essence stx II HiFI sound card
Nad c 165bee - Preamp
Nad 2x C 275bee - power amps
Polk Audio - RTIA9 towers
I have the new Rega io amp with 30 watts per channel. Use on my desktop w/ kef q100s. I can detect no hum or static when playing at soft or loud volumes. If using a turntable, make sure the ground wire is connected with the left and right channel plugs (into the amp). I picked up amp from Pennsylvania, USA store. Good luck!
Reactions: see_for_miles
see_for_miles
see_for_miles
Thank you!
I've pretty much settled on Rega... based on what I've read, Rega amps seem to have the attributes that appeal to me in music reproduction (good rhythm and timing with a bit of warmth )... the IO and Brio appear to be fantastic value for money.
Currently racking my brain over which speaker to choose.)
Pink Triangle PT01/Rega RB300 AO upgraded/Rega Elys 2 all assembled & Serviced by Peter @ #Cymbiosis
Naim 200/202/Stageline/TeddyPardo TeddyCap
March audio DAC1/Chord Company interconnect/Intel i7 NUC Roon server
Kudos X3's/Kudos KS1 Cables
Titan STYX Mains cables
My current DAC setup is nice but it would be good to have a dedicated headphone amp.
I sent off for mini-xlr jacks months ago now, I was charged for it but haven't seen them come my way at all. No shipping notification, nada! I might be able to track it down through paypal history but it seems a lost cause now.
I am into electrostatic speakers and associated audio equipment . Of late I have been working on speaker system for desktop and lap top music system .
I can't get a profile paragraph worth reading in 420 characters, so I give up. I'm a New England audiophile going way back and happy to be among you.
Rejuvenated hifi listener to most genres. Inheritor of Arcam delta 60 amp, Denon DCD620 CD, Linn Sondek IIX, plus even older Kef Coda 7 shelf speakers, Rogers LS2 shelf sp. Recently added Ifi Zen Blue Bluetooth DAC, which is superb for the money+ Raspberry Pi 4 with Allo Piano 2.1, with Volumio, also good
Now running Zen Blue>Musical Fidelity M2si>Wharfedale Evo 4.2
Hello friends I'm new here in this forum. I came through the blog post of the Whathifi official site. That was an interesting blog post on Sceptre TV. I hope I will gain some latest info here in this community.

Regards: Zeeshan Mehmood
After doing some reading, I've arrived at the conclusion that the Beyerdynamic DT770 and DT990 are identical except for the can housing itself. Looking around online I noticed the parts were interchangeable and specs exact same.
AVDude
AVDude
I'm ordering DT 990 parts to fix my broken DT 770's.
AVDude
AVDude
BD's spare parts are gone, ordered a hifiman sundara. So far, not regretting it.
I am seeking advice on the replacement of the Tuner of my Yamaha system with a basic Internet Radio unit which would give me Internet/DAB+/FM inputs to my Amp. Any advice would be welcome please.
Can anyone recommend a wireless speaker, we have looked at the Sonos 1 and audio pro add on c10 but the reviews are mixed . I’m looking at using it for apple music
I'm seventy seven! yep, that's right! Have a background of being in a band in the very early sixties in the UK. Love all kinds of music especially featuring good guitar work. My favourite band at the moment is Dirty Loops. If you're not familiar with them, check them out. They are amazing musos.
Like jazz funk, especially when it features Cory Henry on the keys. Snarky Puppy really good.