Your thoughts please on my system...and a question.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My system comprises a Denon PMA-250SE integrated amplifier, Denon TU-215RD tuner, Denon DCD-425 CD player and Tannoy PBM 6.5 II speakers. These were all bought 12 years ago. Reviews of their modern counterparts however are generaly very good for low end systems. I was wondering what everyone thought about the quality of my system.

My question. Currently my speakers are on the floor either side of a fire place only a few inches from the wall, not a good position for them and one which makes them sound very "basey". I want to get a pair of speaker stands and speaker cables. I was looking for a recommendation of which stands and cables to buy from the reviews at the back of the August issue of What HiFi magazine.

Best wishes.

idc

For stands I would look at something in the £100 area that WHF recommend and is solid. I have found that a solid stand can tighten up bass and make it less boomy or "basey". As for cables, I would go with pro-audio as opposed to audiophile as it is cheaper but just as good, Makes such as Van Damme and Proel do tough, cheap speaker cable and you will find it on ebay.

However, the "baseyness" you refer to is almost certainly down to speaker positioning and you should experiment with that first, as much as you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts