Your submission has triggered the spam filter

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Having the sane problem

I signed out and signed in again and this worked first time.......not the next time though

NOTE from MODS - should be okay for both of you from now on

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting this in the Turntables forum. Seems to me that the software this forum is running on is pretty flaky?

Is there a moderator or someone from WhatHifi that can look into this problem as it's getting a little frustrating?

Note from mods: Should be sorted now.

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
and me on the same topic, although the inability to post has caused a rethink of what I was going to say as it could have been interpreted by some as being quite..........to the point.

Note from mods: Both sorted.

JZC

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I've occasionally received the same message but I think I just needed to use the 'back' option and re-post.

What's more annoying is that every time I log on it rejects my password and I have to send a request for an e-mail to be sent to allow me to log on. This always first takes me to my account page where I re-set the my password and it reports it has saved it but still then rejects it if I log of and on again !!!

Perhaps I just can't take the hint :)

(also why don't the 'smilieys' work either?)

Note from mods: posting issue should be sorted now.

JZC

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Which internet browser are you using?

I'm not sure if you mean me or the OP, I'm using IE8 as I'm still using Windows XP. However the Mods have posted a message on my last post to say the posting issues have been sorted but I haven't tried to log off and on yet to check if that has been resolved.

As regards the 'smileys', it's not a big deal but I can see them in the smilies window and other's post, I just can't seem them in mine.

IE can occasionally have problems with posting on the forum. Try posting from chrome or firefox. Second option is to "disable rich text" (link on bottom left of the typing area) on IE and see if you're able to click the smileys.

JZC

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your reply and other browsers may indeed fix the problem but I've tried Firefox and Chrome (though not for some time) but still preferred IE, probably because it easier to use what I'm used too, and IE hasn't caused any other problems that I've noticed.

I'm a member of other forums and the smileys have worked fine on those although they probably use different Forum software. The smiley issue isn't really that important enough for me to change browsers but I'll bear your advice in mind if do I find other issues. I forgot to mention that I can actually select smileys from the ones displayed it's just that they don't appear as a picture in my post, just text characters.

I do have another computer that's running Windows 7 with a later version of IE, maybe I'll try that to check if it behaves differently.

Regards

I

JZC

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks John, that was also worth a try but I think I may have solved the problem.

Whenever I've tried to use smileys I've selected them from the box above the 'Comment' box one uses to type when replying. This does not insert a smiley as I expected it to. However if I click on the smiley Icon (next to the 'html' option just above the typing area) then it opens a small window with some smileys in it and these work okay as 'hopefully' shown below.

smiley-smile.gif

plastic penguin said:
It is odd that over the past few months the text in a new thread doesn't show up. This is solved by using Google Chrome. But any subsequent posts on my own threads and others are fine on basic Google IE. The opening gambit is blank apart from the title.

Just disable rich text before typing, and text in your new threads will never disappear.

Per-Sony-fied

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I've just tried to reply to a thread in regards to dacs but get the same message. To think I've only been a member for no more than 3 or 4 days!

EDIT: I've just tried again after a few hrs wait and it has let me post the exact same post I was trying to post earlier, however it has now produced two copies! I just tried editing one of them and I am back to square one :? :mad:

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Need some help please. I always need to hit the back button many times before it'll work. Thanks.

Note from Mods - should be sorted now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts