Your music 2014 resolution...

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
To discover more "new" music and to get out and see some live music - I was something of a hermit in 2013.

+1

I've no excuse really, there's lots of great smaller venues within 25 mile radius of where I live in Manchester, and I missed out on loads last year.

Just laziness really, I love the live experience.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Just listen to more of it. Much more doable with me working from home with a DAC/headphone amp/preamp on my desk and some cans and active speakers.

matthewpiano

DIB said:
Diamond Joe said:
To discover more "new" music and to get out and see some live music - I was something of a hermit in 2013.

+1

I've no excuse really, there's lots of great smaller venues within 25 mile radius of where I live in Manchester, and I missed out on loads last year.

There's usually some good stuff on at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth too DIB. Good old back-to-basics venue.

DIB said:
Diamond Joe said:

+1

Live music is another. Used to go to so many different gigs, almost on a weekly basis (small clubs around London) but since little'un came along I've only been to two.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

matthewpiano said:
DIB said:
Diamond Joe said:

+1

There's usually some good stuff on at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth too DIB. Good old back-to-basics venue.

But do watch out for three geriatric men coming down the hill in a bathtub. :)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Save all my family's cds to a nas so that I can listen to them via my Sonos in the kitchen where we spend a lot of our time. This way I'm more likely to listen to a much wider range of music.

Setup a Spotify account (my son has one but he left home to go to college) so that I can discover new music.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
matthewpiano said:
DIB said:
Diamond Joe said:

+1

But do watch out for three geriatric men coming down the hill in a bathtub. :)

Yes, that would be me and my mates
smiley-laughing.gif

I was at the Picturedrome in November for the Blues Bash. I was stood up from 4.30pm until just gone 11.00pm and it took me about a week to recover. My legs were totally goosed, and I wont mention my back.

Great venue.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
.... To build up my Northern Soul collection.

Happy New year to all. :cheers:

That takes me a very long way back. Imports?

Edit: And watching this a few months ago here brought it all back (yes, I was an occasional visitor - twice!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts