Yamaha V673-how to increase bass and rms bi-amped question

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi

So i bought the yamaha 673 for cinema but primarily for music and comapring it to the AS500 the music does not sound as good on it at all- lacks a lot of attack so think i might have to get the AS500 in the end!

anyways, the 673 lacks a lot of bass when playing 2 channel music through the cds300 cd player- any ideas how to up it? ive got the q acoustics 2050i and i know they are capable of punching a lot of bass since ive heard them doing so and it was very impressive.

secondly, ive bi amped the q acoustics and each channel is 90W. The speakers are rated to maximum 150W so can i potentially blow the speakers and what power are the speakers seeing now? can i still turn the volume up and run them hard?

thanks

nathanc

Jul 4, 2007
Visit site
As far as I know, bi-amping the speakers has no affect on RMS power output - the affect is much more subtle than that!

I assume that you are bi-wiring as well - so the HF speaker terminal is wired to one channel and the LF to the other?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
two ways to biamp - see earlier post. Speaker placement ie toe-in, distance, distances from walls. And room treatment (I would say that). All things to consider I recon.

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys.

Glad that the RMS is not affected. I will look for the post regarding bi amping however I found that when im connecting one of the HP and one of the LP on the same channel, it sound so much better! using a channel for the HP and another for the LP was distoring the bass on some songs. Im not sure if the way ive done it now is allowed/correct but i certainly noticed a substantial difference :O!

also how can i access my PM's? I think i got one from one of you guys but I dont know where to click and read them lol

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts