Yamaha v673 and Monitor audio Mass - is this a good combination

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

After my last post i am now going for a Yamaha v673 with Monitor audio mass speakers, as i want it to go with my Pana 55vt50 and panasonic bdt500 blu ray.

Is this a good combination ? t would be good to also hear from people with this setup too. What is an excellent hdmi cable to go with this setup as we are now also planning to put the tv on the wall ?

What reasonble priced speaker cable would you recommend ?

Any help is fully appreciative

Hi letmeboogey

The synergy between Yamaha's RX-V673 AV receiver and Monitor Audio's Mass sub/sat speakers is superb
smiley-smile.gif
Yamaha AV amplification and Monitor Audio speakers form a great match (time after time) :rockout:

Btw, standard 79 strand OFC speaker cables will be good enough for the RX-V673/Mass pairing.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
letmeboogey said:
What is an excellent hdmi cable to go with this setup as we are now also planning to put the tv on the wall ?

What reasonble priced speaker cable would you recommend ?

As the other folk have said, that's a terrific choice of receiver, television and blu-ray player!
smiley-smile.gif

HDMI cables - I tend to use Lindy, based in Teesside. For instance, a 2m HDMI cable for £9 http://www.lindy.co.uk/2m-premium-high-speed-hdmi-cable/41112.html. They also sell more expensive ones with Ethernet connections, if you need that, and much more expensive blue-braided ones (cost about £60!) but I've not noticed a difference between those and the much cheaper one in the link.

Speaker cables - I've not done a comparison with any other cables, but I use Richer Sounds' Cambridge Audio SYMPHONY 400, £2.49 per metre http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-400/gale-symphony-400.

marco.x

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I am considereing the same setup, however I am also thinking about MA radius (4xr90hd+r180+R360 = 950, or 1050 with r370)

Can someone comment about pairing either of these two (MA mass or Radius) with Denon X1000 , Denon avr 2133 or Yamaha RXV 477?

Would radius be a great improvement over the Mass, since it is a higher grade product, but the mass uses newer drivers with less sensitivity?

Rated at 87db compared to 84 of the Mass, seems that it could run with a lower powered amp, or am I missing something? Also I do not see a point of 7 chanel amp for running a 5 speaker setup? In such a case, the overall system cost would be more or less the same, but I am not certain about the performance...

Is R370 worth the extra 100?

Any experiences or toughts? I am not able to audition, would like to order online...

Cheers!

abacus

The new Radius 90 5.1 system is way ahead of the Mass system (Which is quite old in comparison) in sound quality (It’s the system I use) for both film and music. (BTW: The drivers in the new Radius 90 are all new to the range)

If you push the amp to its limit then the R90 would be slightly louder, but providing the speaker and amp combination matches the room size, I wouldn’t worry about the small difference in sensitivity.

For me personally I find the Yamahas to lack a little drive and cohesion, with the Pioneer being better, (I use a Pioneer SC LX87) but it all comes down to personal preference which is different for everybody.

As to the Denon, then I have not found any of their receivers that float my boat, they just seem to lack everything.

Hope this helps

Bill

marco.x

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Bill!

I was talking actually about the old -discontinued radius HD vs Mass. If Denon lacks everything, which of the two similar priced options would be better:

1. Mass + Rxv 675, or

2. R90 HD (with R360) + Rxv 477?

(Rxv 675 is 160 more compared to Rxv 477, so both of these can be ordered for similar price)

abacus

Unless the 477 has features that you require (And the 675 doesn’t) I personally would go for the 675, as being discontinued it should be available at a good price.

Shop around and you may find you can get a deal on the original Radius 90 & 675 that is within your budget. (Seeing as there both discontinued there should be good opportunity’s)

If there is any way you can, I would definitely have a listen first, (You might get some on sale or return) as sound is very personal.

Hope this helps

Bill

marco.x

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again for the reply and help Bill!

The dealer for my country still sells the 675 as the latest model, and 477 is actualy a few euro cheaper than 475 for some reason.

I was asking about the Denon because it looks to have similar specs with the Yamaha 675, but I can get it for 380 (compared to 660 eur for the Yamaha).

Thanks for the advice, I will look for a deal on the Yamaha and see what happens.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS