Yamaha V667 Vs V767 sound different? making a decision! not much in it!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have been looking at these two models of amps the yamaha V667 and V767 I have found the following difference between them:

V767:
  • Little more power
  • Slightly taller
  • Learning remote
  • Vocal hight adjustment
  • 2 HDMI
I was going to pair ether amp up with a pair of monitor audio BX2's for now then add to my kit later what would be the better option? would one sound slightly better than the other?

I can't get to demo them both so I would like some opinions if the 767 is worth the extra £60 I know I wont use the 2 HDMI's but if the sounds is noticeably better than the V667 then that alone would be worth it to me.....

Other recomendations would be great but I hear yamaha amps go perfectly with Monitor audio speakers? are they warm/bright sounding? I like clear clean dynamic sounding audio but not grateing or anything that makes your ears whistle with tinitus after 5 mins!

Thanks guys

A

Anonymous

For the little difference in cost I would go for the 767.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The difference in cost is £180 , that to me is quite a lot and you will need to hear a clear improvement in sound quality to justify the expense, especially if you are not as concerned about the extra features the 767 might have. I have recently had a demo of both with the BX5.1 system and loved what i heard, but could not hear a noticeable difference between the two amps to pay the extra, even though the salesman said he could hear a difference !!!

I paid an extra £20 and got the Denon avr2311, perceived that to be better value,

Good luck and have a few demos.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't comment on the 767 as I haven't heard it but the 667 is a great sounding receiver IMO. The 667 is neither too warm or bright but has a neutral sound that's easy to listen to for many hours at a time without ever getting tiring. It has a very detailed and open sound with its own unique character. It sounds quite polite at low volumes which suits easy listening and general pop music well but can sound slightly reserved with rock or dance music. As soon as you turn it up to medium or high volumes though, it really comes alive with lots of energy and dynamics which sounds good with all types of music including rock and dance. The 667 has a destinctive sound and should be auditioned to see if it's to your own taste but I'm very happy with it in every respect and would 100% recomend it.

I agree with everything that WhatHifi say in their review here. http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Yamaha-RX-V667/

A

Anonymous

chris hollands:
The difference in cost is £180 , that to me is quite a lot and you will need to hear a clear improvement in sound quality to justify the expense, especially if you are not as concerned about the extra features the 767 might have. I have recently had a demo of both with the BX5.1 system and loved what i heard, but could not hear a noticeable difference between the two amps to pay the extra, even though the salesman said he could hear a difference !!!

I paid an extra £20 and got the Denon avr2311, perceived that to be better value,

Good luck and have a few demos.

The OP says he can get the 767 for only £60 more, not £180, so if that's the case, as I say, it's a no brainer.

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Wondering what price you have on the 767?... Consider that the V667 is still on sale at richer sounds for £300. Definitely happy with mine for the price.

A

Anonymous

steve_1979:
The RX-V767 is around £450 in most shops but the RX-V667 is £300.

I agree, which why at only £60 it would be a no brainer, I guess he's keeping it close to his chest where he can get one so cheap!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts