Yamaha RX-V667 now £350.

Yamaha informed me yesterday. A real eye opener.
emotion-1.gif
The RX-V667 was more then good enough at £450 but at £350 is a bargain.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Not sure why Yamaha have felt the need to do this - maybe it's the £100 off promotion by Pioneer on the VSX920 - but it was more than a competent receiver at £450. Maybe we'll see Denon and Onkyo follow suit....

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I talked to my local dealer yesterday and he recons the higher end pioneers are doing a price drop soon. I want a pioneer sc lx 72 or 82 as cheep as possible as do we all and hope the older lx,s may come down in price even more. .

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If there is a general price drop, it'll be on the current ones, not the discontinued ones - I think what's left is about as cheap as they'll get!!

We've not heard anything about a price drop. Why would they? Their main competition don't even have an equivalent to the LX83 out at the moment, and those that do just aren't competing. We'll see, but I dot see it happening.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
David i know you speak very highly about the lx,s and this is one off my reasons i am trying to take the plunge for the 72 . So when i went to view these amps yesterday it was interesting to find in the 2 hifi shops they had the pioneer 82 as there demo amp. So as from last night im in the market for the cheapest new 72 i can get as the 82 is out of my budget. And it reasures me more with wat you had just posted ur the man

PINK MOON

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi Dave, maybe it was yourself I spoke too on saturday about the Monitor Audio BR centre And BR5's? (Just purchased the BR5's now! missed out on BR 1's and the centre on ebay, they went for £165, but ill pick a centre up somewhere,,and a sub at a latter date, already have BR2's used with a denon DM38)

I will spend around £500 on the reciever,, but stereo performance is important to me. how would the Yamaha RX-V667 compare to the Onkyo TX-SR608? Or should i consider something else?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Yamaha want to really show off what this model can do and show that they can do this. For £350 there ain't much to match it - so much so Yamaha have now sold out of all stocks until mid January!

A

Anonymous

audioaffair:Yamaha want to really show off what this model can do and show that they can do this. For £350 there ain't much to match it - so much so Yamaha have now sold out of all stocks until mid January!

Damn it. Where did you see that? I've ordered one from Richer Sounds, but they have none in stock right now.

T

the record spot

How does this amp stack up against a stereo one of similar money? I hear some very good things about it and the output (is it 90w or 140w per channel - the Euro spec is confusing as I'm not sure if that includes or excludes the UK?!) is pretty heealthy.

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't say the stereo output comes close to a dedicated stereo amp. But in the realm of mid range home theatre receivers, it is supposed to fair favourably against the competition. It one of the main reasons I decided to pick one up, not expecting stellar performance, but something passable will suit me fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts