Yamaha RX-V375 with B&W speakers - good match?

Samblers

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I've purchased the Yamaha RX-V375 AV Receiver and will be using this for a combined music/AV system. I'm just wondering if it will be well matched to a pair of B&W 686 S2 speakers?

The system will be used for 80% streamed music and 20% tv/movies. I dont throw wild parties but my room is quite large at 5m x 10m, speakers 3m apart. Little kids keep volumes generally subdued, but we listen to music maybe several hours a day.

Are the B&W speakers overkill for such a simple amp as this? Amp $400, Speakers $800. Will the 686's be too small for the room size or should I go 685's at $1000? The reviews ive read so far for the 600 series 2 B&W's have me sold...

All help appreciated

Sam

Slang5571

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sam, to be honest I would recommend something from the monitor Audio range. Yamaha works really well with a monitor audio speaker system. I haven't actually listened to B&W speaker set ups with Yamaha, so I'm unsure if they would be a good match. If you can I would suggest going into a hifi store and having a demo on both speaker packages. It will really come down to personal preference.

USHL

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have bought B&W 686 S1 speakers recently. I am running them with Yamaha RX V-575 A/V reciever via bi-amp connection. In a showroom I have tested the speaker with Rotel RA-12 amplifier. Frankly I can say the sound is same for my ears. :) I am very happy with this combination. The sound so much clear and punchy as I have never listened before. I played Anne Bissom-Blue Mind song in a showroom and in my house. I don't feel any difference. But I would recommend you to try the sound in a showroom if it is possible. A master told me that, Yamaha RX V575 and RX V675 can do match with B&W 686 speakers as they are powerful enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts