Yamaha RX-V1900 - Which Speaker Package

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi There,

My first post so here goes.I just purchased the Yamaha RX-V1900 amp and i am very happy with my choice.I have an existing Sony tower 5.1 package which is 5 years old and think the Amp(and me) deserve a better package.I have a budget of £800ish now and was looking at the Kef 3005.SE,however i am not against building a system over the next 6 months where my budget could be hidden from the mrs and maybe spend double my original budget.The speakers would complete my Home Cinema so any suggestions would be great.

Incidently my room is 12ft wide and 22ft long.

Thanks,Mark

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to put a spanner in the works, BUT - you've chosen a mighty fine amp and you have quite a large space to fill. ÿmaybe there are over-riding aesthetic considerations, but IMHO a 'standard' speaker system will beat a 'style' package (no matter how able) every time. ÿYou might end up being a bit underwhelmed. ÿChecking out some online deals, the 5-star Wharfedale Diamond 9.1AV set is £636.12 at Superfi. ÿI was listening to the Diamonds brilliantly filling a big room just this afternoon. ÿThere are other worthy choices from Mordaunt Short and Tannoy, for example.

A

Anonymous

The V1900 is indeed a fine amp as Sorrel says. Personally I have the BW 685 Theatre set up with this and love it. Costs around 1100-1200 and then some for the stands. There are many options though and you could certainly go either higher or lower price wise with speakers that are suitable for it.

A

Anonymous

I'm waiting on my RX-V1900 being delivered and have still to decide on speakers. I've narrowed it down to the B&W 684 theatre (I want floorstanding fronts) or the Tannoy Revolution Signatures. Whilst these are maybe a bit out of your original budget, like you said could you do a "stealth build" of a system by going 2.1 to start with and then adding the rest in a couple of months! An amp like that could certainly benefit from that level of speaker set up. You could definitely get the B&W set for your extended budget.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys,my mrs likes the look of a style package but i think i would prefer a standard speaker package.I will audition the B&W 685,maybe with the floorstandings.

Thanks for your suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts