Yamaha RX-V1900 or RX-V3900?: WHF Team & Expert Forum Members Please Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi WHF Review Team & Expert Forum Members,

After comparing the various AV Receivers on the market and based on the reviews by the expert WHF team, I've decided on getting either the Yamaha RX-V1900 or the RX-V3900. From a feature perspective, I understand that the RX-V3900 has networking facilities, slightly more power and possibly uses a better video processing chip. Are there any other differences in functionality between the 2 models?

What I am interested in finding out from the WHF Review team is whether the RX-V3900 provides a superior sound and picture quality as compared to the RX-V1900? Is the RX-V3900 worth the additional price premium? I would really appreciate your views on this particular issue.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

Not really. We discussed the additional networking facilities of the RX-V3900 but we didn't discuss the actual sound quality and picture quality of the RX-V3900 vs the RX-V1900. Hence, I want to know whether the extra premium that the RX-V3900 charges is only due to the additional functionality or does performance also go up another notch that justifies the price premium.

Thanks for your opinion.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the performance of the RX-V3900 justifies the higher price, IMHO (and indeed IOO). But as we've noted, get your skates on if you are thinking of buying either of these models - only eight shopping days before the price increase on Jan 1st, so if I were you I'd be lining up an audition of both to see whether you think the premium is worth it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew! Have a Merry Christmas! I've heard the RX-V1900 but have yet to be able to test the RX-V3900 yet so I'll put on my running shoes and run out to test it real soon...

A

Anonymous

Not wishing to disagree with Andrew, but we're in the first phase of the biggest recession seen since the great depression. I only hope we all have our jobs come 2010. 2009 will see some of the most difficult trading conditions any of us will have ever seen.

Yamaha may put their prices up. Indeed the current exchange rate is doing it for them. But don't be persuaded that it's buy now or pay more later. It is not. Prices will come down next year because retailers will be doing everything they can to survive. Forget making a profit, no-one will be doing that, especially in a discretionary / luxury goods market that is high end home cinema or hi-fi. Sorry but you will do yourself no harm at all, to hang on till the sales. It's likely to be a bloodbath whatever Yamaha may think.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Will Harris:Forget making a profit, no-one will be doing that, especially in a discretionary / luxury goods market that is high end home cinema or hi-fi.

So how will businesses survive if they don't make a profit?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Will Harris:Forget making a profit, no-one will be doing that, especially in a discretionary / luxury goods market that is high end home cinema or hi-fi.

So how will businesses survive if they don't make a profit?

Andrew you know the answer to that as well as I do. Many of them won't survive. Those that do will have to do everything they can including cutting staff, cutting costs such as rent and cutting the price of goods to make sales. In 18 months time we'll see who's left. It is not something anyone wishes on anyone else, but it is how the next year to 18 months will be. I hope we all get through it, but I know that many of us will lose our jobs. That could well include me.

A

Anonymous

Confused. Why am I giving you £5? Do I wear a spotty tie? Do I say errr errr errr all the time and work for the BBC. Errrrr, not yet ;-) But maybe I should take Robert's job :) Anyway, take your fiver any place you can get it this Christmas season, the grinch is in town! Sorry to be the doom and gloom merchant. God what an insult, to be compared to Robert Peston. LOL.

A

Anonymous

Markets are rebounding after Obama's announcement on tax cuts...

I wonder who will blink first? The consumers or the manufacturers? Or maybe, it will be the retailers/dealers who will cut prices to clear off excess stock if sales really slow down?

Will, I hope that you are still able to hang onto your job! Cheers! :)

TRENDING THREADS