Yamaha RX-V1065

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that this is the replacement for the 863?

Does anyone know when this receiver will be available in the shops and when a review is likely?

Cheers

Peter

A

Anonymous

Thanks Nick

Is it pretty much the direct replacement for the 863? I have an old Yamaha amp and have been wanting to upgrade for a while but the supply problems with the 863 stopped me. Even getting an audition for the 863 was difficult.

Are there other comparable amps/receivers around the same price point I should be considering?

Cheers

Peter

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've just got our sample of the '765 and will be reviewing the receiver in our September issue (out late July) and the '1065 shortly afterwards (we'll take delivery of our review sample by 1st August).

Hi Peter

The RX-V1065 is pretty much the replacement for the DSP-AX863SE.

If your budget allows than you may also want to consider Yamaha's superb RX-V1900 which i believe is still the finest av amp/receiver up to £1k.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare

Thanks for the info on your review models.

Rick

Thanks for the advice - if supply problems have eased I'll try and get a listen to the RX-V1900

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick

I have a Panasonic TH-42PZ700 TV with Sky HD and a Panasonic BD-55 Blue Ray Player and an old Meridian 206 CD Player all hooked up to a Yamaha DSP-AX757SE amplifier. I have B&W 684 fronts with 686 rears and a B&W VM1 as a centre speaker. I don't have a sub hooked up at present- my dealer recommended saving up for a PV-1 as the 684s do a pretty good job with the bass

Cheers

Peter

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Peter if the 1065 improves upon the 863 then it will be near the top of the class for performance.

There are a few alternatives that offer different things; the Harman Kardon AVR355 is one to consider if you are all about the movies , plenty of clean power and it will really push your B&W's - if you have a medium sized room or bigger this maybe a contender. Marantz have the SR6003 and if you are keen on stereo performance as well as movies - this amp is on a par with the outgoing Yamaha RXV1900 .

If you want to take it up a level then the Yamaha 2065 should be out soon after the 1065 but it may be a better bet to stick to the 1065 and upgrade your centre if space allows.

Nick

pcritten:

Hi Rick

I have a Panasonic TH-42PZ700 TV with Sky HD and a Panasonic BD-55 Blue Ray Player and an old Meridian 206 CD Player all hooked up to a Yamaha DSP-AX757SE amplifier. I have B&W 684 fronts with 686 rears and a B&W VM1 as a centre speaker. I don't have a sub hooked up at present- my dealer recommended saving up for a PV-1 as the 684s do a pretty good job with the bass

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for you reply.

A very good cdp. Yamaha's AV amps/receivers will work well with your speakers (i've sold plenty of these in my time) and with your components you should ideally be looking at the RX-V1900.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick

Thanks for the advice - it's much appreciated

Cheers

Peter

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Sorry to jump on the back of your thread, but really wanted your advice (Nick, Claire & Rick). I have a pioneer 500A, and am going for the Kef 5005's, what sort of level of receiver would be best? Ideally i'd like to keep it pioneer for the Kuro link ... i was considering the new VSX 1019 that's due out anytime now ..... have you heard if its any good and secondly is it at the right level to get the best performace from the speakers?

Hope to hear back from you.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
balaban9:

Hi all

Sorry to jump on the back of your thread, but really wanted your advice (Nick, Claire & Rick). I have a pioneer 500A, and am going for the Kef 5005's, what sort of level of receiver would be best? Ideally i'd like to keep it pioneer for the Kuro link ... i was considering the new VSX 1019 that's due out anytime now ..... have you heard if its any good and secondly is it at the right level to get the best performace from the speakers?

The 1019 will be with us any day now and at this level it will happily run the 5005's. That said they can handle something a lot better and really will come in to their own with an amp at the £1000+ mark. Right now my main choice would be the forthcoming RXV-2065 from Yamaha ( replacement for the 1900 ) or the RXV-3900. If you wish to stick with Pioneer the SC-LX71 will be a better although more expensive match.

Nick

balaban9:

Hi all

Hi bb9

Ime Pioneer AV amps can sound bit lean with KEF sub/sats. I would suggest that you look at a Yamaha as they work very well with KEF sub/sats (i have sold this combination many times). Ideally at a minimum the Yamaha to consider at the moment would be the superb RX-V1900. If your budget allows the RX-V3900 or even the DSP-Z7 woud be fine which some of my customers use with KEF's (one of them is a forum member). The Yamaha's performance (amongst their other qualities) will more than make up for the loss of Kuro link.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Also looking for advice.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my AV Amp so that I can take advantage of the latest HD audio formats. My speakers are Mission Cinema 7, (773s Front, 77c Centre and 4 x 77ds Rear) supported by an MJ Accoustics Ref 100 Mk 2 Sub.

Is the Yamaha RX-V1065 likely to be a good replacement for the DSP-AX757SE I currently own ?

Because of the usual financial constraints I can only upgrade one component at a time but could probably stretch to the RX-3900 if this is likely to give more scope for a future speaker upgrade. The Missions are in good shape but I'm conscious that things have moved on since I bought them.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Thanks

Nigel

whitwood:

Hi,

Also looking for advice.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my AV Amp so that I can take advantage of the latest HD audio formats. My speakers are Mission Cinema 7, (773s Front, 77c Centre and 4 x 77ds Rear) supported by an MJ Accoustics Ref 100 Mk 2 Sub.

Is the Yamaha RX-V1065 likely to be a good replacement for the DSP-AX757SE I currently own ?

Because of the usual financial constraints I can only upgrade one component at a time but could probably stretch to the RX-3900 if this is likely to give more scope for a future speaker upgrade. The Missions are in good shape but I'm conscious that things have moved on since I bought them.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel

The RX-V1065 is better than the DSP-AX757SE. The RX-V3900 is alot better than both of them and will also give you greater flexibility for future component changes.

Btw, your speakers will be fine with either one of the amplifiers.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

I have waited for the review of the RX-V1065 for some time now, continued to buy the magazine assuming the review would be there but nothing up to now.

In the end I have just bought it blindly and have got the Acoustic Energy Neo . Is this a good buy. The longer I waited for the review the more I knew I would blow up the money

Am struggling with getting into the advanced mode to upgrade firmware. any help

A

Anonymous

I'm also waiting for the Yamaha 1065 review.Then I'll decide between denon 3310/2310 or Yamaha 1065/1900.

Now the Denon 3310 review is online with 4 stars,The Yamaha 1900 still has 5.

Can I conclude that the Yamaha 1900 is(even as an"old"model)still the best buy between those 2?

As far as I'm aware, the replacement for the Yamaha RX-V1900 is the RX-V2065, not the 1065. The newer models will probably have some extra features, but I don't think they will make a massive difference to the sonic abilities from the previous models. The difference between the Denon and the Yamaha is subjective. I hated the Pioneer SC-LX71 & SC-LX81 receivers because they were too bright for me. That doesn't mean they're bad, just didn't suit my taste. Likewise, the choice between the Denon & the Yamaha is purely subjective.

A

Anonymous

Ok,I do understand that.But I got the impression that the rx-v1900 sounds more detailed(if you read both reviews)and has a better sound.There is after all a 1 star difference.

A

Anonymous

I had a faulty 1900 and was told I could have 2065 replacement if I was willing to wait. The Yamaha rep told me that the 2065 sounds better than the 1900 plus it had an ethernet connection.

I declined as the 1900 is extremely good and I wasn't prepared to wait 3 weeks or more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts