Yamaha RX V-673 & Jamo S608

ozrenvi

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've recently bought JAMO S608 speakers (4 ohms) and now I am looking for good receiver.

Friend suggested Yamaha RX V-673.

I would like to know if this combination is any good. Will it work ?

I am quite new in this field, so any suggestion is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

Ozren

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Receiver is not a good option listenning to music you should consider a good amplifier at 673 level price and even less such as the YAMAHA A-S500 , ROTEL RA-12 , REGA BRIO-R ,MARANTZ PM6004 act.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
ozrenvi said:
Hi, I've recently bought JAMO S608 speakers (4 ohms) and now I am looking for good receiver.

Thanks in advance

Ozren

Best is to try.

And I find listening to music with my Yamaha 667 absoultely fantastic. I use Dali Ikon 6 in my living room AV system and I would say it is easily as good as a comparibly priced stereo amp for music.

I personally think Receivers give great value for money in this regard.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Receiver is not a good option listenning to music you should consider a good amplifier at 673 level price and even less such as the YAMAHA A-S500 , ROTEL RA-12 , REGA BRIO-R ,MARANTZ PM6004 act.

That Yamaha could match all those amps quite easily and with its built in DAC & DSP with the option to upgrade to a surround sound system in the future its a solid option.

I'd recommend an audition in the home if the previous generation of the rx-6xx series is anything to go by that rx'er will deliver in stereo.

Just note stereo amps are generally attinuated to go loud at about 9'oclock on the volume dial and for that reason will fool you into thinking they are 'better'. try them in the home see how you get on.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
fr0g said:
ozrenvi said:

Thanks in advance

Ozren

Best is to try.

And I find listening to music with my Yamaha 667 absoultely fantastic. I use Dali Ikon 6 in my living room AV system and I would say it is easily as good as a comparibly priced stereo amp for music.

I personally think Receivers give great value for money in this regard.

I myself have an old Yamaha DSP AX-620 and its superb in stereo driving a pair of Mission 782se

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yamaha RX-V673 is one of my favourite amplifiers for music. I heard it at a friend's place for several hours and I some times wonder why people insist so much on stereo amps. I have both HT and Stereo set ups and you need to really spend a lot up to beat the AV Receivers in terms of performance.

Given the 90db Sensitivity of Jamo speakers, I would say they would really play well with the Yamaha (though it is my guess). It looks it has got side firing woofer so please be careful with positioning these speakers but specifications wise, Jamo looks really good on paper.

If you go ahead with this, do let us know the outcome and findings!

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
WishTree said:
Yamaha RX-V673 is one of my favourite amplifiers for music. I heard it at a friend's place for several hours and I some times wonder why people insist so much on stereo amps. I have both HT and Stereo set ups and you need to really spend a lot up to beat the AV Receivers in terms of performance.

Given the 90db Sensitivity of Jamo speakers, I would say they would really play well with the Yamaha (though it is my guess). It looks it has got side firing woofer so please be careful with positioning these speakers but specifications wise, Jamo looks really good on paper.

If you go ahead with this, do let us know the outcome and findings!

So do my Missions - positioning is important i.e the classic side by side with both woofers facing each other is the best option imo- I would not change them, nor my reciever, not until they die anyway......lol.

but I'm glad I'm not the only one who has heard the performance on these recievers from Yamaha.I actually have a rx-a1020 for HT - not as good as the old AX-620 in stereo though.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I do have YAMAHA RX-767 receiver which is much better than 673 but i use it for movies/ TV only , It is not sutible for music at all the sound is cold and dull almost every basic stereo amp will be better than a receiver in general . If you need it mainly for music I strongly recommend to buy amp and not a receiver.

TRENDING THREADS