Yamaha RX-A2A

Tamada

Aug 14, 2021
Visit site
Eluding the fact that it's a rx-v6a in a fancier robe.
The exact same internal hardware, power, and rear panel, with
- a detachable power cord (..?)
- the Aventage Series fifth central foot
- a fancier remote controller
- 2 software differences that really could have made it to the v6a firmware : Dolby Atmos Height virtualization & DTS Express.

For a 15% to 25% price difference depending on countries. Is that fair?

Yes it's kind of dissapointment also because it doesn't have that graphical OSD that all of previous yamahas from 6xx and all of Aventages had. Instead there is simple and slow on screen menu, like in cheapest Yamahas. It really is a derivate from RXV6A for much higher price. Last year predecessor, the RXA880 was really a much much better for the same price. And let's not forget the most horrible thing - that small display. Phew!!!

shadowoflight

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's kind of dissapointment also because it doesn't have that graphical OSD that all of previous yamahas from 6xx and all of Aventages had. Instead there is simple and slow on screen menu, like in cheapest Yamahas. It really is a derivate from RXV6A for much higher price. Last year predecessor, the RXA880 was really a much much better for the same price. And let's not forget the most horrible thing - that small display. Phew!!!
I prefer the new design. It's clean and minimalist, and the AVR is not my TV so I'd not be watching that, so even though the older displays definitely looks better, it's no big deal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts