Yamaha R-N500 owners!

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Can I just ask, are you in the UK?

It'll be very interesting to see if this ramps up the sales of this now extremely well equipped amp. Would be nice to see a similarly equipped product further up the Yamaha's price range too. Come on Roksan, Arcam, Naim, Cyrus, Cambridge, Pioneer and the rest. Get your acts together and get Spotify in your stereo amps.

Well done Yamaha for at least dipping your toes in the water.

(and thanks to Tommie for the update)

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
tommie_boi said:
Spotify Connect, finally arrived, just perform the update. Credit to Yamaha and Spotify, well done guys! :cheers:

A long time coming but worth the wait, did the update at the weekend and after updating the apps it worked a treat :dance:

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
tommie_boi said:
No more airplay, no more drop outs...

To be fair, I have used AirPlay almost every day since mid-March 2011, on my Marantz, and never experienced even one 'drop-out'. I doubt very much that my experience is unique or unusual.

Good news that you have your Spotify working now.

T

the record spot

Yip, indeed they did MP and that was a cracking amp for the money. Shame Onkyo didn't take that concept further, but I think they saw this as a trial product yet wanted to avoid a convergence between home cinema and traditional stereo hifi.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I feel that various brands are exploring this new tech and are in search of the ideal package.

For example, in the time of the TX-8050 network receiver, there was the YAMAHA CD-N500 and the 2000 series network player..Marantz came up with the NA-7004 with FM funcionality or the all in one 603

dancapp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Now, if only Yamaha would sort out the far more important problem of gapless playback on the R-N500. I love mine and rate the amp highly, but this one issue knocks it down a star.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
dancapp said:
Now, if only Yamaha would sort out the far more important problem of gapless playback on the R-N500. I love mine and rate the amp highly, but this one issue knocks it down a star.

Can't disagree, lucky it's a good amp :)

jacksprat

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Edit : Sorry, found the answer. you must take the unit off 'pure direct' to enable the setup and option functions.

Hello,

So far, not so good... *shok* Perhaps other owners can set me straight.

First, trying to get to the setup menu, using the 'setup' button on the remote, I get 'Not available'.. Same thing happens for the 'option' button. Arrgh... Is this the only method to get to the setup menu ?

Second, the display blanks after about 3 seconds. Where is that controlled ?

I've tried doing a 're init' but I'm really not sure it did anything..

Any suggestions much appreciated !
heart.gif

Michel

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
user-image_03.jpg

OnlineLast seen: 3 min 20 sec agoJoined: 27/09/2014 - 14:16Posts: 1 YAMAHA RN 500 menu "setup" UNAVAILABLE
RELEASE PURE DIRECT BUTTON (isn't this crazy ?) !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts