Yamaha or blue ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Due to the credit crunch i was going to buy this set-up:

Yamaha 863 amp

Panasonic blue ray

Jamo A102 speakers

I have now decided to push the boat out and go for the KEF 2005.3 speakers.

Now my question is, i can only afford the 863 if i bin the idea of a blue ray player.

So should i go for:

A - 763, blue ray, kefs or B - 863 kefs

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I only recently bought a Blu-Ray myself, but had a HD capable surround amp for almost a year. I was blown away by the audio quality of Blu-Ray discs.

TBH, If you're not that interested in Blu-Ray, then don't worry about it. But be aware that Blu-Ray is a significant step up sound-wise, and as your choice of kit can play HD Audio, it'd be a shame not to make the jump.

The good thing is that at least you're covered should you want to go Blu-Ray in six months or so.

I opted for Blu-Ray initially because I didn't want to keep sinking money into buying DVDs for another year or so, until I eventually bought a Blu-Ray player.

*I have focused on audio rather than visual, as my old-ish LCD TV is not 1080P or 24fps compliant, the biggest improvement was with the sound (don't get me wrong, picture is better too, but not as major a leap forward as the sound). If your TV is 1080P and 24fps capable, then obviously you'll be blown away by the pics as well as the sound.

IN A NUTSHELL: Buy the best amp you can afford now, and get a Blu-Ray in the future IMO.

A

Anonymous

The major advantage having the 863 was upscaling of my current dvd collection. I can live with only 2 hdmi inputs as i will only ever connect a blue-ray and maybe skybox to my set-up.

Like you say, it would be nice to take advantage of the sound benefits of blue-ray and of course the better picture quality over dvd.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts