Yamaha DSP-E800 - multi-channel analogue HD?

philb42

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I use this 3 channel amp in conjunction with my stereo set up when I need surround sound. Is it possible to obtain HD audio with this amp if used with a suitable multi-channel bluray player - it looks like this could be possible if I use the 6 channel audio input terminals and select External Decoder for the External Decoder/Main In switch.

Thanks for any help, Phil

A

Anonymous

Yep that's how I do it with mine and my Sharp HP20 blu ray.

Works pretty well...........

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Fantastic bit of kit (still). I miss mine
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Just like to resurrect this one if I may?

After investing in a new 3D Panasonic and Blu-Ray player last year, Ive since moved house and decided to dig out my old Yamaha DSP E800 as I was always very impressed with the audio it used to produce after passing the main front speakers through my Arcam amps and Ruarks

Anyway, the questions I have are as follows:

1) The DVD has the choice of optical, coaxial and 6 channel outputs which the E800 will accept. Which would you recommend for the best results?

2) If I decide to go for the 6 channel, will the external decoder switch stay in this position at all times?

3) If I decide to go for the coaxial, is this cable the same as used for interconnects as i have a good quality lead I could use?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in anticipation.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

996tt said:
1) The DVD has the choice of optical, coaxial and 6 channel outputs which the E800 will accept. Which would you recommend for the best results?

Well, if you want to enjoy the full potential of HD sound you'll have to use the six-channel-input. Otherwise it will be downconverted into "regular" DD/DTS. Obviously your BDP will have to have the corresponding outputs (you didn't state the model no.).

996tt said:
2) If I decide to go for the 6 channel, will the external decoder switch stay in this position at all times?

Yes, it does. However, you can still access all other sources as you've been doing. The SCI is simply another analogue input, just for six instead of two channels, and can be selected just like the rest.

996tt said:
3) If I decide to go for the coaxial, is this cable the same as used for interconnects as i have a good quality lead I could use?

I think so. Just try...

Inf1n1ty

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, I need ur help. I have Yamaha DSP-E800 connected to my PC. It was connected to 6ch and was working fine, suddenly I got some Volume issues. It`s allways on max volume and I cant - it, only to - volume on my PC, but I cant do that all the time. I`ve tryed to switch inputs to CD,Tape etc. But the effects are doing weard things to my sound (right speakers are not working, low volume, ambient sound, etc.) I`ve tryed every option to solve this but its not working. If some1 know what to do pls help me. Btw on 6ch it was perfect until this happened.
Best regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts