Yamaha DSP-AX863SE Rate my system !!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I have just purchased the following system, after not owning any proper AV equipment since a Pioneer Laser Disk player and Sony amp about 9 years ago. I would appreciate your comments on this system, as I am still awaiting most of the components being delivered to Richer Sounds. So if I have made a mistake I still have time to rectify it.

After reading your magazine and a lot of research I have selected the following components, what do you think?

Oh and would you recommend filling the basses of the 914is with sand and Bi Wiring them? The room that the system is going into is a 4m x 4m lounge.

AV amp: Yamaha DSP-AX863SE

Blue Ray: Panasonic BMP-BD35

Plasma: Panasonic TH50PZ80B

Speakers: Mordaunt Short Avant 914i, Mordaunt Short Avant 905i, Mordaunt Short Avant 903i

Sub: Paradigm PS1000

Cable: QED Silver anniversary

Thanks for you advice/help in advance.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
System looks fine can't comment on speakers or sub, but as an alternative the Tannoy F4 customs look a good deal, add the Monolith sub and perhaps look at the Bd55, Sony 550 or the new Pioneer 51 blu-ray player. What ever you choose you will be happy these are my alternatives you might not of though of, as i know Richer Sounds were selling the Tannoys very cheap and they got good reviews and my friends got them with an Onkyo 875.

A

Anonymous

The tonal balance of the Yamaha is not brittlle so expect the Mordaunt Short to add extra zing. Be carefull about room placement as Floorstanders need room to breathe without sounding wooly and congested. The wave of front ported designs work better in tighter spaces.

A

Anonymous

thanks is that a good thing then?
emotion-42.gif

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I think swalkusz means don't put them in the corners. My Kef floorstanders are about 2 feet from the side walls, and about 8 inches out from the rear wall.

You've just reminded me that I put sand into the bases of my speakers, and it certainly makes them more stable and inert (I was going to use lead pellets, but I literally couldn't lift the tub off the dealer's counter!).

emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts