Yamaha DSP-AX763/863 Discontinued??

Hendy00

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi

A friend of mine was looking to purchase an Yamaha DSP-ax763 from richersounds (i did tell him he be lucky, but he was still going to try) Obviously, they had sold out but the statement that followed surprised me. The salesmen went on to say that they were discontinued. So we called up their customer care and they confirmed what the salesman said.

I said it was only a few weeks back that YamahaUk issued a statement saying they they just received a plane load and was expecting more (as posted by your Clare)They were either unaware of this or was told they had been discontinued.

So is it true, are they discontinued, soon will be or is it just nonsense? there seem to be a lot of conflicting information out there.

I personally think that due to current strength of the Yen against the ££, RS didn't buy any due to possible extra expense. Therefore, discontinued from their lineup

Any clarification on this would be helpful.

Thanks

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The new model will be here in April sometime but teh product is still current. There are some more coming into the UK in the next week or so and there will be stock available.

Nick

Hendy00

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Not discontinued. Just in very short supply due to huge demand, in no small part driven by our Awards. Sorry about that...

Thought so.

So it may be just RS (or this particular branch) not getting anymore and we have WHF to blame for the short supply across the country?

Cheers. LOL.

Thanks for the quick response.

PS: Do you know what the new model is?

mafrost

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Details of the new models can now be found on the Yamaha US website. All models up to, but not currently including the 863, are apparently to be replaced with the x65 series.

Of course the UK models will be missing some of the US features, but that's only to be expected, not having XM, Sirius, etc. in the UK.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hendy00:Hi A friend of mine was looking to purchase an Yamaha DSP-ax763 from richersounds (i did tell him he be lucky, but he was still going to try) Obviously, they had sold out but the statement that followed surprised me. The salesmen went on to say that they were discontinued. I used to work near a certain dealership who will remain nameless, ahem, and the amount of times that customers were told that certain products were discontinued when they weren't was unbelieveable. It always seemed to coincide with a lack of stock on their part...... :D

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:the amount of times that customers were told that certain products were discontinued when they weren't was unbelieveable. It always seemed to coincide with a lack of stock on their part...... :D

emotion-3.gif
!!! Really???
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts