Yamaha amp for my dad!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

I am thinking about getting a Yamaha amp for my dad for Xmas and his birthday, he has B&W XT speakers and my old Pioneer SC-LX81 amp but has always wanted a Yamaha amp. My short list at present is the Yamaha 3900 and the Yamaha Z7. My budget is about £450 max and it needs to be ex-display or secondhand for me to be able to afford it.

Has anyone got any other ideas on Yamaha amps, they have to be original price £1400-£1500? Any ideas where I could get one from? At the moment I am thinking AVForums. I did put up a wanted add but have achieved it now. I am prepared to play the waiting game. Any ideas or thoughts here?

:cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

expat_mike said:
Any good as a starter?

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/88709498/yamaha-rx-v3800-amplificateur-home-cinema-amplificateur.html

Great starter - cheers Mike, they won't post to England though will they?

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure. It looks like the advert is from a Paris based dealer, and all the delivery options that are quoted refer to french addresses.

The price quoted of 430 euros + 25 euros delivery, is equivalent to £350 + £20 delivery, so well within your budget.

There is a link to ask the seller a question.

Last month someone asked if the dealer would sell for 230 euros, and was told where to go.

You could ask the dealer if he would deliver to UK, and maybe cheekily say that because it would be expensive, would he drop the price to say 400 euros.

From the dealers point of view, the amp is unsold part exchage goods. taking up shelf space. He might be happy to negotiate with you on price and delivery means, just to get rid of the amp. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

If you are not happy using the french language, use Google Chrome as your browser, because you can set it to autotranslate to english. Also you can use Google translate for when you send a reply.

D

Deleted member 2457

I still can't get it to work! :wall: I can't get it to translate in English and I haven't a clue about postage, could someone buy it for me and I will then give you the cash via paypal?

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Sorry Gel must remember to read posts in full before replying; just noticed you are looking for a particular models! Doh..

No, it's good mate, any models will do. I am just not sure if it's powerful enough. When we demoed it was with the Yamaha 3800 amp and the Pioneer VSX-LX70 amp, and not sure you can drop from that?

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
I've just bought the denon x4000 from Peter Tyson for £629 :cheers:

Nice one! :cheers: I think I have found a deal too! :cheers:

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
I still can't get it to work! :wall: I can't get it to translate in English and I haven't a clue about postage, could someone buy it for me and I will then give you the cash via paypal?

I see that you have now found a different deal. :)

In case you want to read any more web pages that are not in English.

1 - open Chrome browser

2 - click on the customise icon in the top right corner

3 - select "settings" from the menu that appears

4 - click on "show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen

5 -scroll down to languages, and select the "offer to translate" checkbox

It's a useful option, but it is well hidden, because most people will never need to use it.

D

Deleted member 2457

expat_mike said:
gel said:

I see that you have now found a different deal. :)

In case you want to read any more web pages that are not in English.

1 - open Chrome browser

2 - click on the customise icon in the top right corner

3 - select "settings" from the menu that appears

4 - click on "show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen

5 -scroll down to languages, and select the "offer to translate" checkbox

It's a useful option, but it is well hidden, because most people will never need to use it.

Cheers Mike! Yep, I just bought him a Yamaha amp with a one year warranty! :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

I bought him a Yamaha 3067 amp for £460 and a one year warranty! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts