Yamaha A2010 or Marantz SR-7005 to replace Arcam AVR280

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I have finally decided to update my AV receiver and I am doubting between these 2: Yamaha A2010 or Marantz SR-7005. I use it for both music and cinema equally but music is important therefore it has to be musical, at least as much as the Arcam that is replacing.

The 2 main questions I currently have is; 1) is the Marantz worth the 200 extra pound and 2) Will any of the 2 be good replacement of Arcam AVR280? This last is probably the main question as I want to make sure that I do not take steps back.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't know how good the Marantz is, I guess you could google its name to see if there are any online reviews. However, the Yamaha is very good indeed. I have one in my kitchen (I need to update my signature), replacing the Yamaha RX-V1067 which has now been relegated to my bedroom. The RX-A2010 is better, in sound and also in features, than the RX-V1067, which was already very good. And the good news about the RX-A2010 is that you can now buy it even cheaper than the £849 I paid two months ago, heavily discounted from its original price of about £1,200. Now I see it available from at least two dealers at £769, in both titanium and black finishes.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, it is difficult to make a decission between the 2. I believe that I may go for the yamaha in the end also because I have 7 days to try and return if I do not like it. I have seen various reviews in the internet but it seems that not many opinions in this forum about one vs the other.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts