Yamaha A-S801 with sats.

toka

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've grown tired of my Denon AVR3801 and wish to upgrade my system to a more musical system at a reasonable budget.

Being fond of Yamaha, I was thinking of getting an A-V801 intergrated amp, but I'm not sure how it will work with my current KEF 2005.1 satellites (two of them, obviously) and Arcam Solo subwoofer.

Next step would be to replace the speakers (I'm yet to test the LS50) and upgrade from Marantz TT42 to either Rega RP1 or a Pro-Ject Essential 2.

So, is the Yamaha a good match to the setups mentioned above, or will it just blow my current KEFs up?

Thanks

toka said:
Hi,

I've grown tired of my Denon AVR3801 and wish to upgrade my system to a more musical system at a reasonable budget.

Being fond of Yamaha, I was thinking of getting an A-V801 intergrated amp, but I'm not sure how it will work with my current KEF 2005.1 satellites (two of them, obviously) and Arcam Solo subwoofer.

Next step would be to replace the speakers (I'm yet to test the LS50) and upgrade from Marantz TT42 to either Rega RP1 or a Pro-Ject Essential 2.

So, is the Yamaha a good match to the setups mentioned above, or will it just blow my current KEFs up?

Thanks

As it's a stereo amp you're going to have to ditch one pair of satellites or use the second pair in a different room. It doesn't do surround sound but does take a subwoofer and also has a moving magnet input for a turntable.

To be honest, for an amp of this quality, I would sell on your satellites and subwoofer and buy a good pair of stereo speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts