XBox 360 - Wireless

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm currently connecting my Xbox 360 to my Wireless network via my laptop as I didn't want to pay £60 for the wireless adapter (and people moan about the PS3 price!!!), I'm now looking for another method as I'm fed up booting up my laptop and connecting it everytime I want Xbox live.

Can anyone tell me if any wireless bridge will work with the Xbox 360, and any suggestions on the cheapest one or method.

Cheers

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
There are wireless adaptors on EBAY for around £25 that you plug a ethernet cable into from your 360, these work fine but you will need a extra plug socket for the adaptor but personally I think they look messy and I use the proper 360 wireless adaptor as yes I know it is £60 (got mine for £40 second hand on ebay) but it does hide around the back of the 360 out of sight and you are online as soon as you power up the 360.

A

Anonymous

I kow its not answering your question but does your wireless router have an ethernet out (most do)? If so I'd recommend hard-wiring your 360 as even the wireless adapters are ok, you'll still get a flaky connection and lose speed - not good if you're playing online shooters like Halo etc. I have mine hard-wired and use the wireless network for my computers and it works fine.

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I have NTL broadband (or virgin whatever it is now), when it was installed I had it put in upstairs in my study. So the wireless router is upstairs and the XBox is downstairs, so hard-wiring isn't really an option. I've never had any lagging problems with it sharing the connection through my laptop.

I've been looking on ebay and even the used adapters seem to be going for over £40. I think i'll carry on with the laptop until I can get one for £25-£30. I'm not using it much at the moment anyway as I've got 4 PS3 games I havn't even tried yet, unless they release sensible soccer this month!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts