Xbox 360 HD DVD vs Toshiba HD-EP35 - 24fps and Judder !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello ..

This is really a question for the What HiFi team having read previous topics regarding my TV, the Panasonic TH-42PX70 and the issue of 24fps.

Whilst I'm finding the picture quality from my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive to be impressive, I'm not so happy with the juddering. Okay - so it may not be noticeable all the time but if you look, it is there.

My 360 is one of the older ones, connected to my TV via the VGA cable, not HDMI.

The HD-EP35 looks great, going by the What HiFi (and other mags, sorry) review. But, whilst I understand from these very forums that my TV can accept a 1080p 24fps signal, it's not actually going to show 24fps ...So, will I still experience judder anyway ? A cheap Xbox 360 Arcade from e-bay would allow me to use the HDMI connection and get a better picture. But I gather the dedicated EP35 should still be better ?

How does the picture quality itself (regardless of judder) compare to that of the 360s HD DVD drive ?

Obviously the EP35 also offers my HD audio too - and at the price it's hard to resist. I just want to be sure that its going to be a noticeable difference.

Lots of questions ... Sorry !

Matt.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Toshiba will be much bettter than the XBox drive, but as you may have noticed there's a bit of a situation regarding HD DVD now - see news section - so I'd argue against investing in a new player for the moment.

Sorry for the delay in answering - we've been a bit busy with news this weekend|!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. Sorry for being impatient.

Interesting news indeed. Mind you - with Paramount/Dreamworks and Universal still producing HD DVDs a multi-format player is the way to go surely ? Unfortunately the current multi-format players appear to be great for BluRay but not so good for HD-DVD. (?)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts