XBOX 360 HD Connection + Sound Output

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I have my XBox 360 connected via HDMI to my Onkyo HT S3305. WIll I automatically get the best sound sent from the XBox?

I dont think i need any other connections but i could be wrong!

A

Anonymous

I'm not familiar with your Onkyo but the 360 only outputs stereo through the HDMI. To get Dolby Digital you will need an optical cable. This plugs into a socket on official 360 HDMI leads and then into your amp. If you have a new slim 360 then the optical output in the main unit.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:I'm not familiar with your Onkyo but the 360 only outputs stereo through the HDMI. To get Dolby Digital you will need an optical cable. This plugs into a socket on official 360 HDMI leads and then into your amp. If you have a new slim 360 then the optical output in the main unit.

This is not correct. Xbox 360 outputs Dolby Digital 5.1 (and DTS) via HDMI on all HDMI models. I don't believe it comes setup to do so as default, but after setting the option in your System Setup it definitely works without issue.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for info. I stand corrected.

My 360 is the old type which only has the AV connector. I was lead to believe that you had to use an official HDMI which had a toslink socket on to get DD 5.1. I'm the only person I know who has their 360 in 5.1 so can't compare from experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts