Xbox 360 - Component Or HDMI With HD Ready Sony LCD...?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
A friend has a Sony 26" LCD from a year or two back, and an Xbox 360. He just has the sound coming thru the TV just now, and, at most, i think, he may consider connecting to his TDL floorstanders. Would HDMI be much better than component in his current situation...? Initially, i was under the impression that component would not show HD games correctly, but it can, can't it?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yup, component will show HD (the older Xboxes like mine only have component). HDMI in theory should give a slightly sharper picture. Might be worth borrowing one to see if it's worth the upgrade or not.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]Yup, component will show HD (the older Xboxes like mine only have component). HDMI in theory should give a slightly sharper picture. Might be worth borrowing one to see if it's worth the upgrade or not.[/quote]

Many thanks. Really thick question i know, and the answer is probably on here somewhere, so sorry to ask it again! Even stupider question for you tho (for myself this time, not said mate - he'd be ashamed of me) - component doesnt carry audio does it? If thats right, how is he getting sound from his games when he connects with a component lead? Whats carrying the sound...?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Indeed, component doesn't carry sound. However, the Xbox component cable comes with an extra couple of standard RCA phono cables built into it, so I'm guessing he's plugged these into his TV's Audio Input.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts