Would this give me an improved sound?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just noticed that the creek evolution amplifier is on sale from superfi for £390 reduced from £533. What i would like to know is how this amp would compare to my rotel ra-04. Would this be a step up or more of a sideways move. The creek's rrp is twice that of my rotel but I have not listened to the creek so would like some opinions. Also would the creek match well with my speakers, MA RS1's.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

More sideways in my opinion - although there is a bit more power. Trouble is I doubt Superfi would let you demo at home so best off contacting an independant hifi dealer and listening yourself to be honest!

Plenty more choices out there for the money too.........

Also, worth asking for a discount on higher than your budget kit in this current climate.

What is your source by the way?

A

Anonymous

My source is A rotel rcd-06 and a sony media pc as listed in my bio. I thought it might be more of a sideways move, I think I am going to get a dac first and see what that does. thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Graham_Thomas:More sideways in my opinion - although there is a bit more power. Trouble is I doubt Superfi would let you demo at home so best off contacting an independant hifi dealer and listening yourself to be honest!

Plenty more choices out there for the money too.........

Also, worth asking for a discount on higher than your budget kit in this current climate.

What is your source by the way?

I disagree. I used to have the Creek Evo and it's fantastic - a clear jump up from budget class amps like the RA-04 and Marantz PM6002 and the like. I notice that the OP has the RCD-06. I demo'd that cd player a while back with my eventual speaker (RS6) and I think the amp was either the 04 or the next one up. I was not impressed. I got the Evo and the difference was clear. As Graham says, the Evo is powerful (I would say quite a lot more than the Rotel (85w into 8ohms and 160w into 4).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts