Would this do as a hifi rack?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A

Anonymous

I would suggest Ikea if you have one near enough because they have a huge range of products suitable for hi-fi etc...I use a wall mounted unit that can be used vertically as a book shelf, or horizontally as I have it, and is perfect and suitably deep which is often a problem to find...

Good Luck

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO, unless you have the seperates on top where it'll be more sturdy then I'd say no.

That kind of storage cabinet will have quite a fair bit of resonance and will affect the soundstage.

If you can have the seperates on top then I'd get some granite cutting boards and use them undet the amp and CDP to soak up any further resonance from the cabinet

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
As well as what has been said above, bear in mind that most separates are 43-44cm wide so they may not fit, not to mention the depth of each component and allowing room for plugs at the back.

scene

As others have said, they look to shallow for most equipment, especially once you allow for connections and there may be issues with stability and ventilation.

If its the look of HiFi racks that your wife doesn't like and/or the equipment being on show, you might want to try some of the manufacturers who make cabinets that look more like furniture:

Kuban - click - very friendly, will customise equipment to your needs (or build fully bespoke)

Salamander-AV - from say AudioAffair - click - expensive US imports (I have a Geneva 336 - very well built)

Or you could even look at a fully bespoke rack from say Artisan Designs (aka SPK): click

idc

The compromise is to buy other support/isolation to use with a cabinet. My kit lives on a cabinet on a shelf I made out of granite place mats and B&Q rubber ended door stops glued on to make feet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts