Would like some help, please!

I fired up my A65 Plus this evening and the volume control moved slowly towards max. I had this with my Alpha 7R some years back. Then I took it to a dealer to have the problem fixed. I just wondered whether any other Arcam owner has experienced a similar problem?

If anyone can help, it would most appreciated.

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I've had this happen with my Onkyo 606. The volume level rises and the remote can't turn it down which leads to jumping out of one's seat and rushing over to the off switch before the speakers are damaged!

Its always fine afterwards. I put it down (perhaps wrongly) to an issue with the universal remote I use.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

When I got my arcam a32, about 1 month in, it turned itself up to full volume and went all white noisy. Very distressing. Sounded like the house was falling down. Luckily, the amp was connected to my celestion 551's. The amp was returned and fixed.

It did provide a question though. If this was to happen and the speakers were to blow, would the amp manufacturer pay for the cost of new speakers? After all, it would be a faulty amp that would be causing the damage.

I hope it all works out for you!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
leenorris78:

It did provide a question though. If this was to happen and the speakers were to blow, would the amp manufacturer pay for the cost of new speakers? After all, it would be a faulty amp that would be causing the damage.

To say this is extremely unlikely is an understatement...

A

Anonymous

I agree it is unlikely but it did happen. The arcam a32 put out a horrendous noise. The celestions can cope with this sound level but if I'd have had my little proacs on the end, it could have proved very expensive. Sevenoaks (the dealer I bought the unit off) also did not have an answer.

Just a thought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts