Would I NEED new speakers as well?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As a relative novice to Home Cinema, I'm in need of a bit of advice. My current kit is:

Toshiba 32" CRT ZP18Q "pictureframe" - old but stiil great picture (but massive depth and weight ! )

Tosh SD220E DVD - Yamaha RX-V630RDS Receiver - Kef 2005 speakers + addtional "Egg" = 6.1 setup

As you see, not exactly state of the art, but pretty OK when bought some 8 years ago.

The kit I fancy after reading the Jan 2011 mag is:

Sony 40LDLEX503 TV with the BDP S370 or 570 DVD and the Onkyo TXSR 608 Receiver.

Now my question: If I get this kit at some time, will I NEED to change my speakers to a higher spec? They weren't cheap (£720) 8 years ago and haven't realy been extended much since. An like all s/h H/C and Hi Fi kit it's virtually worthless after a few years, no matter how good it was.

Any thoughts or advice please?

Cheers - HoraceM

A

Anonymous

If your happy with them, I really don't see any reason why you should have to change them, yes a newer set may sound better still, but I'm pretty sure the new lease of life they will get from the new HD sound formats will be more than enough for you.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Nope. No need to change your speakers at all........ Now want is a different matter.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, as you can imagine, just what I wanted to see!

H.

A

Anonymous

Certainly the 40EX503 and BDPS370 are good choices though the 570 is even better with built in wifi etc. Might be worth getting a Sony amp, the way the Sony stuff all links up is great.

TRENDING THREADS