Wondering about M-CR603 and multiroom

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Marantz M-CR603 and MA BX2's, connected to a Synology NAS which holds my cd collection in flac format controled via the synology audiostation app on my ipad and I'm reasonably happy with it (I love the sounds, I'm less happy about the lack of gapless playback).

I'll be moving home in the new year and I want to have a multiroom system with, at times, the same music playing throughout the house, in 4 main areas. I'd like to keep the existing setup as I love the sound and I want to know if it's possible to integrate the Marantz in my living room with a Sonos system throughout the rest of the house or will I just have to accept that it's one or the other? Are there other options? Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

Sonos only works with itself exclusively because it creates its own wireless network. Given the level of home multi room benefit you will get, I would pay for the extra zone controller as you will love Sonos integration and usability so much you won't want to use another system. When you use the app and see the level of customisation, you will want exclusive Sonos anyway.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
woollyjoe said:
Sonos only works with itself exclusively because it creates its own wireless network. Given the level of home multi room benefit you will get, I would pay for the extra zone controller as you will love Sonos integration and usability so much you won't want to use another system. When you use the app and see the level of customisation, you will want exclusive Sonos anyway.

That's not quite the case, a Sonos Connect would plug into the Marantz as another source and enable the same music to be played through that at the same time as the other Sonos zones. It would completely ignore the 603's own networking capabilities true but that's not particularly important, imo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts