Wiring stereo speakers with Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Cambridge audio amp and Mordaunt short aviano 2 stereo speakers. In the past when i bought them i used bi wiring but i've heard there is little point to this, so i've taken it apart now and going to normal wiring (hey it cuts wiring by half too so that helps). I've misplaced the manual and how to wire and the internet doesn't help searching for this for some reason. I've also lost one of the bridges used on the speakers which gets used on normal cabling (not bi wiring). I went to a sound shop the other day and the guy gave me copper wiring to replace that. I assume i just put one in one speaker and the other in the other speaker as direct bridge (don't know the specific term) replacements?

When i have done this what do i do next to wire?

Also it seem hella annoying just using copper wiring (to put into the amp and speaker backs). Is there a way to make the process easier like getting proper heads i just switch into place? A real pain to transport like it is currently. Once again my terminology really sucks for this but i hope someone gets it.

Thanks in advance, really am still fairly clueless with all this, despite having wired a couple of systems in the past. Mainly done entirely by instruction manuals rather than learning though!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Run a length of speaker cable from your amplifier's speaker output terminals to each speaker, use the lower speaker terminals on the speaker, mainly for cosmetics/ease of connecting.

The cable should have a marking to allow easy identification of polarity (either the maker's logo, a coloured stripe, or similar). Terminate + to + and - to -. Some speaker cables are directional showing the direction of the signal (from amp to speaker). Maker sure it's the right way round if this is the case.

Then with short lengths of the speaker cable, run from the lower speaker terminals to the higher speaker terminals. Again, ensuring you keep the polarity + to + and - to -.

Check all terminations carefully. You DO NOT want the bare + cable touching the bare - cable. This'll be bad news for your amp.

TRENDING THREADS