Wiring a REL Quake sub up with a Hi-Level Speakon cable

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
I’ve just moved house and I’ve managed to blow up my front speakers! I think I wired in my sub wrong. Couldn’t remember how I originally wired it up!

[size=3>[font="Times New Roman"]

I wired the Yellow and Black wire from the speakon cable to both red (+) terminals on the left power amp and the Red wire to the red (+) terminal on the right power amp. [/size=3>[font]

In hindsight and looking at my REL manual the black wire should have gone to the Black (-) terminal on my left amp, is that correct? Does this black wire provide some type of earth?

I got confused as due to having two amps! I also blew one of the four fuses in the left amp too!

Help!

PS – Does anyone have any B&W DM 602 S3’s for sale ;-)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Help? Help you with what? You've connected the positive and negative terminals of your amp together, I'm surprised it's only the speakers that have blown, I doubt it's done the sub much good either.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
You were close, mate. You just put the black cable into the wrong terminal.

The yellow and red cables go into the positive terminal (red) of your two amps. The black cable goes into the negative terminal (black) of either amp.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
bretty:

The yellow and red cables go into the positive terminal (red) of your two amps. The black cable goes into the negative terminal (black) of either amp.

Thank you bretty for your advice, very much appreciated. Much better than other certain posts above! It's certainly a costly mistake that I've made, I'm just glad that my amps survived! That'll teach me to read the manuals in future!

Thanks again!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
smbmetal:bretty:

Thank you bretty for your advice, very much appreciated. Much better than other certain posts above!

Whatever, you'd already worked it out for yourself by looking at the manual, that's why I was asking what other help you expected to get.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts