Wireless rears

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Visited local hifi shop this week. Looking for surround system but with wireless rears as I don't want all the wiring. They had a few suggestions where a card is plugged in the back which sends signals to the rears. But for each you have to buy the DVD player too as part of the surround system. As we use a PS3 to play the DVD is there an alternative. Seems a shame to pay for something that will never be used. Have thought about sound bar but room is 4m x 8m so not sure that would give good results. Any opinions?

R

A

Anonymous

Kef do some wireless speakers - can't comment on the quality. Usually you need a transmitter somewhere at the front of the room and a receiver at the back with line of sight. Then some wiring from the rear receiver to the speakers is needed, but the wiring does not need to travel the length of the room.

http://www2.kef.com/gb/surroundsound/wirelessÿ

You could also have wall mounted speakers and theÿwiringÿ'chased' - i.e. concealed in the wall/skirting. Likely to give better sound and much more choice.ÿ

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Sony IS100? What about d-line conduit or flat speaker cable like ixos 233 flat, which has an adhesive backing and can be painted over. It's 'almost' invisible!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. Those Sony IS100's look tiny. Are you sure they're going to be good in an 8m x 4m room?

R

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
No idea, I would do a search for owners opinions and demo at your local Sony store. Sony do other wireless systems but not sure if they handle LPCM (for HD audio from PS3). I still think you're better off looking at a wired solution. You can easily hide flat cable under flooring/carpeting around the skirting and there is always the conduit solutions I mentioned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts