Winners of our Audio Technica ATH-W1000X competition

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Here are the eight lucky winners of our August issue Audio Technica competition, each of whom wins a £650 pair of ATH-W1000X headphones:

Vimal Sivasankar

Dave Ratchford

Andrew pallet

Sue Hunt

David White

Stephen Taylor

Paul Ioannou

Stephen Milsom

And don't forget you can now enter our latest competition to win a pair of Q Acoustic 2050 floorstanding speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou!

The email telling me I had won was certainly one of the nicest suprises I have received for a long time!

It does leave me with a question however - what sort of set up would I need to really get the benefit out of these headphones without spending thousands?

John Duncan

(grits teeth) Well done Stephen!

I've heard them and you're gonna like them a lot. As for kit to go with, it's definitely worth getting a separate headphone amp, and there are lots available at reasonable prices - you can look at the Creek OBH-11 for just over 100 quid, or something with a built in DAC like a Beresford or Fubar IV (I use the latter with Grado 325s to very good effect). Course, they're good enough to justify something much more expensive as well, if you can afford it...

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Congratulations, Stephen - they're a lovely pair of headphones.

I'm sure you won't need to spend thousands to get the best out of your prize. What's your existing set-up?

A

Anonymous

Just realised after entering every competition going in the last year or so that they are only open to 'UK residents'...doh !!!

And we don't get subscription deals or special offers here in Ireland and pay more than ?7 per mag....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses!

I'm afraid my set up is only a Denon mini-stereo with some Tannoy speakers (as recommended by What Hifi) as sadly we don't have a huge amount of room for separates at the moment.

I really don't know a great deal about what sort of equipment you need for these sort of high-end headphones - I presume by 'amp' this means an amp as in what would come with a separates system? which wouldn't work with the Denon stereo I have?

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ricardo65, I've raised this question before and Andrew kindly investigated, and it seems the competition prizes are given out by the manufacturers/distributors, so they impose the 'UK residents' only.........

Also, I asked about the subscription gifts/ special offers and again this seems to be coming from Haymarket Publishing

So in fairness there's nothing WHF S&V can really do for us
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Should competition winners have heard back from What Hifi by now?

I received the initial email on Monday which I replied to with the requested details but have heard nothing since.

Also, if anyone could tell me what sort of equipment I would need to make proper use of these headphones I would appreciate the advice as I am afraid my knowledge is fairly limited.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I know Torres, and I read the threads, it still doesn't make it any easier when I'm a big fan of the mag and site and hear about these lucky winners...but hey, good luck to them all and hope they enjoy their new toys !!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Stephen Taylor:Also, if anyone could tell me what sort of equipment I would need to make proper use of these headphones I would appreciate the advice as I am afraid my knowledge is fairly limited.

Ears?

A

Anonymous

Sorry to bring this up again, but having now received the headphones and having had a little look at headphone amps, can anyone recommend any equipment that may be worth buying to try and get the most out of these headphones?

I have the Denon DM37 which does not have the full size headphone connection so currently I can't plug the headphones in, but I have also been reading that headphone amps may be worth considering. Could anyone tell me what I need, given the limitations of the current set up I have?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I didn't even realise you could get an adapter to downsize to be honest.

I was also thinking in terms of accessories that might help get the best out of the headphones as I guess the Denon is limited in the sound quality it outputs so wondered if a headphone amp would help.

A

Anonymous

I have a question about these competitions. if someone wins do you let them know via email?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts