Win a pair of Acoustic Energy Reference 1 speakers & stands worth £1700!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
With the editor of whathifi.com recovering from 24/7 publishing on a well-earned holiday, and almost everyone seemingly on hols or working from home writing stuff for the Awards issue, there may be a slight delay in announcing the results, but when we have them emails will be sent...

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Just an FYI as the WHF guys seem busy - We've now been notified, have contacted the winners and they'll be receiving their Reference 1's on Monday. Congratulations! :)

Cheers,

Jim.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Well there is one that we haven't managed to get hold of yet, but his name isn't Ben or Law ;)

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the names until WHF do? Not sure who it would upset but I was mainly just updating that they have indeed been selected and not forgotten...

Jim.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
AEJim said:
Well there is one that we haven't managed to get hold of yet, but his name isn't Ben or Law ;)

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the names until WHF do? Not sure who it would upset but I was mainly just updating that they have indeed been selected and not forgotten...

Jim.

You're teasing me aren't you, it's for Mr Lawrence isn't it? ;)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I've asked our publishing team – which runs the competitions – for the usernames of the winners. I'll share them with you as soon as I have them

UPDATE: And the the winners are...

croutledge

david_hardeman

davidlau

Congrats to all three.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
Yup, congrats. Nice to see they're all forum users...

I know WHFI can't limit or restrict who enters, but would be good to see a recongnised name.

Why and why?

Why not? I'd quite like to see someone I 'know' win a competition if it can't be me.:)

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
I've asked our publishing team – which runs the competitions – for the usernames of the winners. I'll share them with you as soon as I have them

UPDATE: And the the winners are...

croutledge

david_hardeman

davidlau

Congrats to all three.

Three reviews for the future then. :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

I know WHFI can't limit or restrict who enters, but would be good to see a recongnised name.

Why and why?

Why not? I'd quite like to see someone I 'know' win a competition if it can't be me.:)

Fwiw AlmaataKZ of this parish recently won a hifi racks rack in a WHF competition.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Big Chris said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

Why and why?

Fwiw AlmaataKZ of this parish recently won a hifi racks rack in a WHF competition.

I did not know this.... Congrats AlmaataKZ.:clap:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris said:
BenLaw said:
Big Chris said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

Why and why?

Yeah, I didn't see any announcement on this forum, but I saw AlmaataKZ selling it elsewhere ;)

D

Deleted member 2457

BenLaw said:
Big Chris said:
BenLaw said:
Big Chris said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

Why and why?

Yeah, I didn't see any announcement on this forum, but I saw AlmaataKZ selling it elsewhere ;)

smiley-smile.gif

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
BenLaw said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I don't have 1000 or more posts but agree Intirely !!!

Rules are rules and we have to respect them...

I think if PP had his way, only those with 10,000 or more posts would be eligible to enter ;)

You're out of order!! don't give a t### about how many posts someone has or not... would be nice to see someone who'd genuinely use them.

Out of order? By making a joke? To someone else? Which simply took their joke further? And brought it back to the person upon whose comment the original joke was based? I'd expect a penguin to be more chilled!

Btw, do you mean nice to use the prize? How do you know they won't?

BenLaw said:
plastic penguin said:
BenLaw said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I don't have 1000 or more posts but agree Intirely !!!

Rules are rules and we have to respect them...

I think if PP had his way, only those with 10,000 or more posts would be eligible to enter ;)

You're out of order!! don't give a t### about how many posts someone has or not... would be nice to see someone who'd genuinely use them.

Out of order? By making a joke? To someone else? Which simply took their joke further? And brought it back to the person upon whose comment the original joke was based? I'd expect a penguin to be more chilled!

Btw, do you mean nice to use the prize? How do you know they won't?

To actually see someone who'd appeciate it in their system. If they had a scintilla of hi-fi interest I'd bet you a tin of 'Cow & Gate' they would post something on here. Or has loyalty totally gone thru the window?

If you had won these speakers, even though you don't need them, I would've been "genuinely" pleased...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts