Wilson Benesch Square ones.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunatly my Spendor SA1s had to be returned to the hifi dealer i brought them from as there were inaccuracies in the discription of their condition. I saw a really good deal on some wilson benesch sq1s and going against my rule of buying blind i decided to take a punt on them.I got them at a superb price so wont lose any money if i deside not to keep them. With some partington broadside stands i am saving a futher 200 pounds over the SA1s which i also got a great deal for. Shame i could not keep them! I have heard these speakers before (long time ago) and remember i liked them, but never with my amp (Cyrus 8xpd) Can anyone who has heard these speakers give any comments on them especially if they have heard them with Cyrus...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't keen on the Square One's myself. They were nowhere near as good as the Two's, but I find both of the models are fine when used with high quality material, but not too flattering with lesser recorded stuff. I really would strongly recommend an audition of the Squares to anyone before buying them, but if you're not going to lose, it's worth a try.

A

Anonymous

I know some others have them with Cyrus kit, but when I heard them thought they were thin sounding.

Went for the Proacs personally and they sound great. Maybe as you have heard them, go for them as they do have a good all round sound and are sweet with the cyrus I have.

The WB do sound much better when placed very close to a rear wall it fattens out the bass notes.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Well have had these a day now and must say i like them. They is a hint of brightness with some music but overall its nothing that develops into fatigue. I think i might have got a bargain as i got these considerably cheaper than the SA1s and on first listen they easily as good. There is one issue. The bass is pretty poor for a largish stand mount and not as quick as i like either. Having said that im literally running them from a table as im waiting on some dreadnaught broadsides. I hope these will sort this out...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts